What's new

Newbie with 380.6 on AC66U and IP Traffic Monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

30Harry

New Around Here
I went through the setup for IP monitoring and it looks like it's doing everything it should but I see no traffic or hosts when I look at Per Device/Real-Time. Global/Real-time looks normal but looking at Per Device/Real-time Traffic at the bottom, I see no hosts listed and when I click on Hosts, it says "No data in table". Will it actually show traffic in real time or is it just going to the file on the USB drive and you have to read it from there??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of an RT-AC3100 and would like to sort this out before it gets here.

Thanks,

Harry

Enable "Display IPs with no traffic" you should see all the connected devices. if you don't enable "Display IPs with no traffic" and there isn't any traffic, table will be empty.

Enable "Display IPs with no traffic" you should see all the connected devices. if you don't enable "Display IPs with no traffic" and there isn't any traffic, table will be empty.

Thanks, I have that checked but no IPs are showing. When I look at Traffic Monitor/Global/Realtime, I see data flowing so I know it sees the clients but no connected devices or data show in Traffic Monitor/Per Device/Realtime.

Thanks, I have that checked but no IPs are showing. When I look at Traffic Monitor/Global/Realtime, I see data flowing so I know it sees the clients but no connected devices or data show in Traffic Monitor/Per Device/Realtime.
Are you using a subnet other than 192.168.1.x?

Are you using a subnet other than 192.168.1.x?

No. They are all 192.168.1.x. If I look at Network Map/Clients/View List, I can see all wifi devices by IP and I can see data flow (Tx rate/Rx rate) on the devices connected at this time. I think that is telling me it sees the clients and data flow but they don't show in Traffic Monitor/Per Device/Realtime.

Did you set "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" to Yes initially to create the data file.

Did you set "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" to Yes initially to create the data file.
Thanks for the response,
Yes, initially when I installed the USB drive but I think now the problem may be related to the USB drive. As I said, when I look at Traffic Monitor/Global/Realtime I see data flowing but I see just now that if I look at TM/Global/Last 24 hours, nothing shows. Router has been running for 12 hrs with clients attached. Maybe that indicates where the problem might be?

There have been some other reports of this not working. You might be suffering from the same thing.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/t...t-showing-or-working.38860/page-2#post-329188

Thank you very much. I would guess I have the same problem as my router address is 192.168.1.111. His worked after he changed his router address to 1.1 so this is probably my problem also. I also don't want to change my IP address because my satellite router is already 192.168.1.1 and I'm using the ac66u as a wireless access point on an existing network.

Thanks again for your help. I'm going to do some testing to see if I can work out a network configuration where the asus can be 192.168.1.1 and still work as a WAP.

Well, I certainly didn't know that. More research coming. :) Thanks again.
I've just checked the iptables rules (for per IP monitoring) and can see that it works by counting the packets as they move from LAN to WAN or visa versa. As the router is in AP mode there is no WAN interface, hence no data to be recorded.

I suspect you might be seeing figures for the global data as it's probably getting those from the kernel. But I doubt that they'd be accurate. For one thing they won't include wired LAN to LAN data as those packets are switched, not bridged or routed.

I've just checked the iptables rules (for per IP monitoring) and can see that it works by counting the packets as they move from LAN to WAN or visa versa. As the router is in AP mode there is no WAN interface, hence no data to be recorded.

I suspect you might be seeing figures for the global data as it's probably getting those from the kernel. But I doubt that they'd be accurate. For one thing they won't include wired LAN to LAN data as those packets are switched, not bridged or routed.

Thanks again for your help. I now have router WAN connected at 192.168.1.111 and LAN at 192.168.2.1 and I can see all the data by IP just as I expected it to be. As you said, it is only measuring data through the WAN.

We're in business now ! :)