What's new

NextDNS CLI vs. native DOT?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW we are talking about nextdns secondary servers. Hope you enjoy that fact.
I think youre confused.

AdGuard is a Russian company founded and staffed by Russian nationals living in Russia with a forwarding address in Cypress.

NextDNS is an American company founded by the CTO of NetFlix and one other employee living in America.

It's up to you to determine what if anything that means. Personally, I believe AdGuard is a Kremlin backed project to attack Western ad based media and commerce and could at any time be called upon to compromise Western systems. Ask yourself, why would a company start in Russia to block ads when Russian websites didn't even have a thriving ad economy?

Whatever the case, I won't be using any Russian products while Putin is in office.

I think youre confused.

AdGuard is a Russian company founded and staffed by Russian nationals living in Russia with a forwarding address in Cypress.

NextDNS is an American company founded by the CTO of NetFlix and one other employee living in America.

It's up to you to determine what if anything that means. Personally, I believe AdGuard is a Kremlin backed project to attack Western ad based media and commerce and could at any time be called upon to compromise Western systems. Ask yourself, why would a company start in Russia to block ads when Russian websites didn't even have a thriving ad economy?

Whatever the case, I won't be using any Russian products while Putin is in office.
I want you to ask yourself, why would a company in the US require the use of servers in Russia to keep their service thriving in the US? And why would the "two developer faces" of a project be the only faces shown? You honestly believe those two faces are the developers and protectors of your information? If so you are the confused one. And you pay them for it. For work they probably never touch themselves. I digress.

I want you to ask yourself, why would a company in the US require the use of servers in Russia to keep their service thriving in the US? And why would the "two developer faces" of a project be the only faces shown? You honestly believe those two faces are the developers and protectors of your information? If so you are the confused one. I digress.
Bevause they live there and that's where they started?

What is "those two faces"?

Bevause they live there and that's where they started?

What is "those two faces"?
Let me clear up the confusion you are experiencing.
1656637613937.png

Do you honestly believe the two faces you are paying are the ones personally handling all the issues around the world? Why would they need russian servers to support their services in the United States?

1656637870318.png

BTW, this is in response to your previous question here.

Which are the Russian NextDNS servers? Why not ask @Olivier Poitrey to comment?

One or both of you might be talking out of your butt for all we know.
Hey, You are welcome to the conversation. I want your inside knowledge as well. You know alot more than even us "butt" talkers. The conversation all started here.

you can read my followups and chime in where I was wrong, I welcome your feedback.

Hey, You are welcome to the conversation. I want your inside knowledge as well. You know alot more than even us "butt" talkers. The conversation all started here.

you can read my followups and chime in where I was wrong, I welcome your feedback.
I'm trying to validate your claim of NextDNS servers in Russia. How did you determine that?

I'm trying to validate your claim of NextDNS servers in Russia. How did you determine that?
personal use in freemium period, I had issues with their secondary servers and DoT. They had me run some type of MTR trace i believe, I honestly never used this tool before this. which I installed through entware. I saw where the packets went. Granted this was a while back. But I recall as clear as day. Also, on dnsleaktest.com in freemium their servers popped up russian as well.

It's not MY claim but I recall them addressing that in a blog post.

If I understand the only dispute is that he presumes without evidence that NextDNS has Russian developers and that the founders aren't really running it?

I wonder how you show a conspiracy theory is wrong? Can't prove a negative.

I wish! The US Dept Of State had a bulletin against using Russian providers. Suit yourself I certainly don't care.
Sad thing is you are the one paying your dollars to two faces, that you have hide nor hair of who or what you are actually paying for something you can do on your own time and dollar. that is your folly. I digress.

Sad thing is you are the one paying your dollars to two faces, that you have hide nor hair of who or what you are actually paying for something you can do on your own time and dollar. that is your folly. I digress.
I still don't get the "two faces" thing?

I can scrub my own toilet and make my own dinner too, but I prefer to pay others to do those thibgs for me. Is thay bad? You know what your time is worth!

Wikipedia?
The problem here in lies that Nextdns uses the backdoor on servers in many different counties. Including Russia. On the other end of your encryption, you have no idea where your information is truely going. You are paying two "faces" who are entrepreneurs in the USA who quit there jobs and care two flicks about your privacy and probably do not participate in maintaining your privacy. Who are you actually paying?

You open the can of worms when you chose to criticize the developers of AdGuardHome for trying to provide users a way to maintain their own privacy locally on their own routers without charging you a dime. Simply because they are russian or of russian origins. That is my point.

NextDNS is using Misaka Network server in Russia
Which is completely irrelevant the company was founded in Russia and developed in Russia until they recently got a PO Box in Cypress to look all Western.
The problem here in lies that Nextdns uses the backdoor on servers in many different counties. Including Russia. On the other end of your encryption, you have no idea where your information is truely going. You are paying two "faces" who are entrepreneurs in the USA who quit there jobs and care two flicks about your privacy and probably do not participate in maintaining your privacy. Who are you actually paying?
And there you have it game set match.

I was just looking for you guys to substantiate your claims since "Russia" is a sensitive topic these days, yet we have many Russian friends on this forum.

Which is completely irrelevant the company was founded in Russia and developed in Russia until they recently got a PO Box in Cypress to look all Western.

And there you have it game set match.

Adguardhome and adguard dns servers are two distinct different platforms. there is your confusion. Glad to educate you.

wait there is more, let me dig alittle deeper for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!