Nighthawk X4S - QoS Device Priority keeps changing

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

thegr8anand

Occasional Visitor
This has been an issue ever since i got X4S be it stock firmware or Voxel's. You would think with the MAC address the setting would stick but it keeps changing from whatever priority i set. Any solutions?

spocko

Occasional Visitor
@bartj12 Do you say that because the R7800 has a bad implementation of QoS, or do you think that QoS in general is not very beneficial?

RMinNJ

Regular Contributor
I used it to limit my bandwidth and get my bufferbloat score up. But I'm not sure how good the 7800 QoS could be... the database has not been updated in over a year. If they've had any QoS changes in their firmware
they do not say and I could not imagine them getting the code right.. The attached devices page where one can set priority remains my most buggy and problematic page.

bartj12

Occasional Visitor
@bartj12 Do you say that because the R7800 has a bad implementation of QoS, or do you think that QoS in general is not very beneficial?

QoS in general is a good concept, especially if you are with many users. I've tested it on the R7800 multiple times and it was only slowing things down... And yes it was property configured.

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
I doubt it never slowed down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NetBytes

Regular Contributor
QoS in general is a good concept, especially if you are with many users. I've tested it on the R7800 multiple times and it was only slowing things down... And yes it was property configured.
FWIW: I've only seen the same. I run my R7800 with it off.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!