1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Nighthawk X4S - QoS Device Priority keeps changing

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by thegr8anand, Jul 23, 2019.

1. thegr8anand

thegr8anand New Around Here

This has been an issue ever since i got X4S be it stock firmware or Voxel's. You would think with the MAC address the setting would stick but it keeps changing from whatever priority i set. Any solutions?

2. bartj12

bartj12 New Around Here

Turn off Qos, don't think it will bring you any value

3. spocko

spocko Occasional Visitor

@bartj12 Do you say that because the R7800 has a bad implementation of QoS, or do you think that QoS in general is not very beneficial?

4. thegr8anand

thegr8anand New Around Here

Yeah, I'd prefer to use it with almost 10 devices connected at once so gaming pc gets priority.

5. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Regular Contributor

I used it to limit my bandwidth and get my bufferbloat score up. But I'm not sure how good the 7800 QoS could be... the database has not been updated in over a year. If they've had any QoS changes in their firmware
    they do not say and I could not imagine them getting the code right.. The attached devices page where one can set priority remains my most buggy and problematic page.

6. bartj12

bartj12 New Around Here

QoS in general is a good concept, especially if you are with many users. I've tested it on the R7800 multiple times and it was only slowing things down... And yes it was property configured.

spocko likes this.
  7. ulaganath

ulaganath Senior Member

I doubt it never slowed down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. NetBytes

NetBytes New Around Here

FWIW: I've only seen the same. I run my R7800 with it off.

bartj12 likes this.