What's new

No Internet Traffic Data in System Status

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am pretty sure part of the statistics is gradually offloaded to jffs to a .db storage format. I could be wrong. I remember having to delete it one time after a firmware update because it out grew my jffs making the whole partition read only until i manually deleted it.
The information stored in jffs is from the Traffic Analyzer, that is not what the OP is talking about. He is talking about the traffic graph on the Network Map page and the Traffic Monitor graphs. Traffic Monitor information is stored in RAM (default), "Custom location" (e.g. USB) or NVRAM depending on how it's configured in Tools - Other Settings.

I really miss the days when I had a Cisco router and a server running a netflow collector/analyzer (plus SNMP usage stats every 10 seconds).

Honestly I hardly ever look at traffic stats nowadays, but my router and everything else important is on a true sine wave UPS anyway.
Haha. That is the golden standard. I think these days everyone still operates like they are back running a Cisco router.

The information stored in jffs is from the Traffic Analyzer, that is not what the OP is talking about. He is talking about the traffic graph on the Network Map page and the Traffic Monitor graphs. Traffic Monitor information is stored in RAM (default), "Custom location" (e.g. USB) or NVRAM depending on how it's configured in Tools - Other Settings.
I know, I was clarifying on what actually was stored on jffs. Kind of like what you believe you are doing here with me now. When I was talking about "statistics", I mean the data collected from traffic analyzer.

My response was strictly to clarify to this post:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/no-internet-traffic-data-in-system-status.86208/post-857173

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!