What's new

No IPv6 connection when N66W is connected as Repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

n00dle

New Around Here
Hi, I'm currently running my network on an N66R and recently purchased an N66W to repeat my connection on the second story and get access to Ethernet. Everything seems to check out fine besides the fact that I do not get access to IPv6 when the Repeater is active. A few things that I have attempted are disabling the IPv6 firewall on the main AP, rolling back from the latest build to 380.62_1, 30-30 reset, switching from stateless to stateful, and factory reset on both routers. I have the Repeater set up with a static IP and am able to connect via wireless or ethernet but with slightly higher latency, constant packet loss, and
DNS4+IP6, DNS6+IP4, and DNS6+IP6 are unreachable. If I disconnect the Repeater, my connection reverts to how it should be working, low latency, no packet loss, and IPv6. Is there a setting that I am overlooking, bug, or do ASUS/Merlin not support IPv6 on Repeater mode? This is driving me nuts!