What's new

Skynet No Stats in Skynet's WebUI but plenty in CLI ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wrkdbf_Guy

Regular Contributor
New to Skynet, so I suspect this is an easy one. But occasionally the Skynet page on the router GUI will show "No Data to Display" where stats were shown earlier in the day. And logging into Skynet via the CLI/SSH shows plenty of stats. (See images below.)

I see that there is an "Update Stats" button on the GUI page which would likely cause the stats to be rebuilt/redisplayed. But haven't clicked it yet (will shortly). But is this GUI No Stats a sign of an intermittent issue somewhere that I should try to resolve?

Bill

1613922011214.png

1613921749491.png

Last edited:
I hope you figure this out, I have been having the same problem. Updating stats did nothing for me, formatted the drive, reinstalled everything, and it worked for a little bit and then went right back to not being able to find the system log in the WebUI. Tried cleanup systemlog entries and that did not work either. Something is wrong with where the system logs are going or an option somewhere for me, it keeps reverting back to custom which I am not changing.

I keep looking through the site to find a solution and cannot really find one, its happened before though to some users. Maybe I have to completely reset the entire router which would stink. RT-AX88U with a AC3100 set up as AIMesh. It worked fine until I had to reset a bunch of settings because I had to update a few things on the network and with the AIMesh settings, it got stuck with a poor signal on the 2.4 network. Everything works fine now, including Skynet, just not the webui.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    148.2 KB · Views: 197
Sneakytiki, yes me as well. When I uninstall and reinstall Skynet the WebUI shows stats for a while, then goes away again. But in my case, the Syslog Location setting is not changing and staying at Default as it should.

BTW, when I updated the firmware to Merlin 386.1, I did a full factory reset on the router and my Skynet issue doesn't fix itself with that.

I'm not too worried about the missing data not being displayed though. As long as Skynet works and blocks bad incoming attempts, I'm good. I don't *really* need to see the stats. It's just nice to be able to when desired.

Weird, maybe I will wait until someone with more knowledge chimes in, its probably something easy that I have no clue about. I enjoy looking at the chart because it is something new and I can click around the chart to learn more about what is going on. I had no idea so much crap goes around and tries to get into my network. I only started using merlin a couple weeks ago, then found out about the additional software that could be used to block everything at the router level. I had no idea about most of this stuff.

I love the programs, the only devices that freaked out and started panicking were my amazon devices because they couldn't contact the amazon servers.

This morning my Stats are back displaying in the GUI. And I did absolutely nothing to try to get them back. I guess, based on timing, one may or may not get stats displayed.

Getting the same problem here. I've reformatted my usb , tried reinstalling , used a different usb and starting from scratch but the stats still do not show...

Mine is working fine now, not sure what caused it. Only changes that I made were switching the USB Drives to 3.0, formatted the USB Drive and reinstalled everything (not the router), and put an old laptop cooler underneath the Router. It and the USB drive were very hot, fine now and no issues. The only issue I had after was the Large list not working with Diversion/Skynet, lets absolutely everything through. So I use the Medium list and everything is perfect. Now I am playing around with IPv6 settings out of curiosity.

I might just set up an external SSD and partition the thing to get it away from the router and make additional storage. Just need to wait for a reasonable size to go on sale. I have a 10 TB hard drive set up on an AC3100 as a node and it works great. An SSD on the AX88U would be fast.

Now I have to figure out why my Link Speeds are slow on WiFi. They won't go over 287/287 Mbps.

I've had the same, I fix it by logging in with putty, temporarily disabling and then restarting skynet. Then leave it alone, and don't click update stats as it does it itself.

It worked for a time but now it's gone back to displaying no stats.

Anything else I could try?

It worked for a time but now it's gone back to displaying no stats.

Anything else I could try?
Bit more extreme, but format JFFS on reboot, and reinstall Skynet (and other addons). I believe it only updates once or twice a day. Are you sure your not clicking update stats?

Also, are you running the latest version? It was updated last weekend.

Last edited:
Strangely it's updating the stats again, never changed anything, I just left it alone.
You're not the first to report this, skynet seems to take a while to kick in sometimes.

Here's what I see:

1615977088375.png

and my browser console log says

jquery.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
user2.asp:797 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
at BuildTableHtml (user2.asp:797)
at initial (user2.asp:368)
at onload (user2.asp:811)
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://192.168.1.1/ext/skynet/hammer.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Using Google Chrome Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is there anything else I can do to assist? Bearing in mind I am largely clueless!

Last edited:
Here's what I see:

View attachment 32104

and my browser console log says

jquery.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
user2.asp:797 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
at BuildTableHtml (user2.asp:797)
at initial (user2.asp:368)
at onload (user2.asp:811)
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://192.168.1.1/ext/skynet/hammer.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Is there anything else I can do to assist? Bearing in mind I am largely clueless!

over ssh please can you run the following and post the output?
Code:
skynetloc="$(grep -ow "skynetloc=.* # Skynet" /jffs/scripts/firewall-start 2>/dev/null | grep -vE "^#" | awk '{print $1}' | cut -c 11-)"
ls -la "${skynetloc}/webui/"
just to make sure all dependencies are present. it looks like skynet sources from 2 different possible locations for jquery for the first error can be ignored.

please also share/PM the contents of
Code:
/www/ext/skynet/stats.js

Hello Jack

/tmp/home/root# skynetloc="$(grep -ow "skynetloc=.* # Skynet" /jffs/scripts/firewall-start 2>/dev/null | g
rep -vE "^#" | awk '{print $1}' | cut -c 11-)"
admin-86U@RT-AC86U-CC58:/tmp/home/root# ls -la "${skynetloc}/webui/"

drwxrwxrwx 2 admin-86 root 4096 Mar 17 00:44 .
drwxrwxrwx 4 admin-86 root 4096 Mar 17 03:25 ..
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin-86 root 172812 Mar 14 11:50 chart.js
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin-86 root 9752 Mar 14 11:50 chartjs-plugin-zoom.js
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin-86 root 20765 Mar 14 11:50 hammerjs.js
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin-86 root 40292 Mar 14 11:50 skynet.asp
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin-86 root 6666 Mar 17 00:44 stats.js

(and also stats.js via PM, in a moment)

I also have this problem.

It also seems to affect loading of github pages?
skynet on (with blank gui stats) --> github loads very slow or times out
skynet off/restarted --> github loads fast again.
(thought it was dns related first, changed dns servers to be sure that wasn't it)

router using fw 386.1_2
skynet version: 7.2.4

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!