What's new

No VLAN tab on GT-AX11000 pro with GT-AC5300 as AI Mesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yardie

New Around Here
I hope this is the right section.
I have a GT-AX11000 pro as main and GT-AC5300 as AI Mesh node, connected by Cat6 cable. I have no VLAN tab in the LAN section.
-Is this because the 5300 doesn't support VLAN (seems odd given its two physically different devices)?
-Given my setup, would the functionality be available in Merlin - ie is it an Asus firmware issue?
-Is there a way to workaround enable VLAN on the 11000 - eg turn the 5300 off, configure it then turn the 5300 back on? (I'll try it - but if anyone has experience.... please)
I know a cheap DLink managed switch could solve this, but practically - if the 11000 can do the job natively....
Both devices are running stock firmware fully updated at this post
Thanks

What firmware is your GT-AX11000 Pro running?

GT-AX11000 Pro have 3.0.0.6 fw ? don't think so

There is no VLAN tab in this firmware. Only in the upcoming 3.0.0.6 Pro firmware, but not released yet for your router.

Update. I investigated the option of using the beta version of the software. It offers mesh AI and VLAN.
Now the 11000 is on on beta version 9.0.0.6.102. The 5300 offered no beta so its on stock 3.0.0.4.386
I got VLAN (access mode, no dhcp) working after some head scratching alongside AI Mesh - the difficulty was that I'd never done it before.
I saw posts elsewhere that said it worked ok and hopefully my experience will be likewise...
Thanks

The 5300 offered no beta so its on stock 3.0.0.4.386
The GT-AC5300 is not currently listed as a Guest Network Pro supported router.
2). Guest network pro supported models:
  • GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWIFI Pro XT12, more models are coming.
3). The following feature requires router firmware version later than version 3.0.0.6.102_xxxx or above. Some models provide beta firmware (9.0.0.6.102_xxxx) to experience this feature.

The GT-AC5300 is not currently listed as a Guest Network Pro supported router.
Without testing, it's hard to tell which settings are being sent to the AiMesh node correctly.

Without testing, it's hard to tell which settings are being sent to the AiMesh node correctly.
The following may or may not be relevant to the discussion.
Edit this also may or may not be relevant. And may not be updated to deal with Guest Network Pro.

this also may or may not be relevant. And may not be updated to deal with Guest Network Pro.
I think it will take at least 2-3 years to know how it is supposed to work (which doesn't mean it will work as it should).

The 5300 offered no beta so its on stock 3.0.0.4.386

This router is End-Of-Life and Asus won't offer any new firmware for it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!