What's new

Node LED setting not sticking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ninko

Regular Contributor
Hi,
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever you make any network changes the LED setting for nodes appears to be ignored and they come on even though the setting is still off.

Thanks

LED control is not propagated to nodes.

I'm using the GUI setting for the node, is this a bug then?

Thanks
No, it's a technical limitation. LED control through the webui is my code, and I have no control over which settings AiMesh nodes synchronize.

Instead of through WebGUI, you can access AMTM of your node(s) and set LED control there. It works and it sticks.

After Read this post, I just tried the following:
AiMesh -> Topology -> Management -> Turning AiMesh Node LED ON/OFF works for my setup :)
Edit: Sorry, I think it does not survive reboot
Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 14.11.04.png

Didn't realize Asus added a node LED control to AiMesh. In that case it's their implementation, not mine.

After Read this post, I just tried the following:
AiMesh -> Topology -> Management -> Turning AiMesh Node LED ON/OFF works for my setup :)
Edit: Sorry, I think it does not survive reboot
View attachment 32884

In my experience, AiMesh LED control has not always worked as expected. I prefer to do this via SSH each time.

If you are able to SSH in your node, then you can issue these commands and can change the number (0 or 1) depending on what you like to do. This will survive reboot.

nvram set led_disable=0

service restart_leds

nvram commit

(where 0 = LEDs 'on' and 1 = LEDs 'off')

Marin

In my experience, AiMesh LED control has not always worked as expected. I prefer to do this via SSH each time.

Same experience here. I like the AMTM script as it allows to create a schedule in a way that’s easy for a non-coder.