Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Notifications when receiving FTP files

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Alan van Wyk, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Alan van Wyk

Alan van Wyk New Around Here

Does anyone have some sort of solution for sending a notification whenever receiving a file via FTP?

I am using OPenHab for some home automation and would like to get my CCTV to push video to the AsusWrt / Merlin FTP whenever motion is detected. Now the next thing I want to do it notify OpenHab of this delivery.

OpenHab can accept any kind of communication (a rest request, MQTT, API and so on) - so all I need to know is how to generate an event whenever FTP date is received.

2. JDB

JDB Senior Member

Use cru to run a script every minute and compare previous output of ‘ls’ on the directory you are FTP’ing to, to the new output. If it’s changed send an alert that a new file has appeared (or disappeared).

Happy to write it for you if you have no bash/sh scripting experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk