What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

opkg isn't smart enough to always update dependencies

That's possible. Have you poked at one of the Entware devs about it?

Will check again tomorrow.
Better, but still not as good as what I see posted by others?

offset.png

jitter.png

You cannot do better than that without your own GPS connected NTP server.
Ah. Good to know.

Just did my first firmware update after installing ntpMerlin.

What do I need to do to get the ntpMerlin add-on back in the web interface?

Ah. Good to know.

Should come back on a reboot (via services-start), else run
Code:
ntpmerlin startup

Ah. Good to know.

Which router? 384.10_2? It should still be there.

I'm getting a broken graph page in ntpmerlin and spdmerlin. Maybe someone would have some good advice for me.

Screenshot_2019-04-04 Tools - NTP Daemon.png

Last edited:
I getting a broken graph page in ntpmerlin and spdmerlin. Maybe someone would have some good advice for me.

View attachment 16875
Mine was like that after the update to 384.10_2 but the Refresh button at the bottom of that page brought up the graphs.

Mine was like that after the update to 384.10_2 but the Refresh button at the bottom of that page brought up the graphs.
Thank you for the reply. I seems to only happen after a reboot my router. I have to go back into the settings and generate graphs again. After that they work until I reboot and then they are broke again.

Thank you for the reply. I seems to only happen after a reboot my router. I have to go back into the settings and generate graphs again. After that they work until I reboot and then they are broke again.

Yes it happened on my AX88U after a reboot. I SSH'd into my router and went to the ntpMerlin menu and regenerated graphs (option 1). After that, the graphs reappeared.

Yes it happened on my AX88U after a reboot. I SSH'd into my router and went to the ntpMerlin menu and regenerated graphs (option 1). After that, the graphs reappeared.
I did what you said and they reappeared until I rebooted and then they broke again. Thank you for your reply.

I did what you said and they reappeared until I rebooted and then they broke again. Thank you for your reply.

@Jack Yaz - I am assuming there is something here that is not surviving reboots. Is there anything that we can tweak in the configuration?

@Jack Yaz - I am assuming there is something here that is not surviving reboots. Is there anything that we can tweak in the configuration?
It seems that when ever I reboot ntpmerlin takes a few mins to start. Once it starts the graphs come back.

It seems that when ever I reboot ntpmerlin takes a few mins to start. Once it starts the graphs come back.
Isn't it a cron job that runs every 5 minutes?