What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello,

I noticed recently that the stats page no longer works... it renders properly, but the three links do nothing. I tried a forced update (I'm on the latest 2.1.1) but that didn't help. It looks like the stats are begin captured in the jffs/addons dir...
Code:
admin@inet:/tmp/home/root# ll /jffs/addons/ntpmerlin.d/
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root          1253 Jan 26 08:40 ntp.conf
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           872 May  3  2019 ntp.conf.default
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root       1860608 Jan 29 20:40 ntpdstats.db
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root        128280 Jul  4  2019 ntpdstats_rrd.rrd
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         16077 Jan  5 16:06 ntpdstats_www.asp
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         15812 Sep 29 22:02 ntpdstats_www.asp.old
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         76453 Jan 29 20:41 ntpstatsdata.js
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           149 Jan 29 20:41 ntpstatstext.js

Not sure what else to check. Any ideas?

Hello,

I noticed recently that the stats page no longer works... it renders properly, but the three links do nothing. I tried a forced update (I'm on the latest 2.1.1) but that didn't help. It looks like the stats are begin captured in the jffs/addons dir...
Code:
admin@inet:/tmp/home/root# ll /jffs/addons/ntpmerlin.d/
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root          1253 Jan 26 08:40 ntp.conf
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           872 May  3  2019 ntp.conf.default
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root       1860608 Jan 29 20:40 ntpdstats.db
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root        128280 Jul  4  2019 ntpdstats_rrd.rrd
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         16077 Jan  5 16:06 ntpdstats_www.asp
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         15812 Sep 29 22:02 ntpdstats_www.asp.old
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         76453 Jan 29 20:41 ntpstatsdata.js
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           149 Jan 29 20:41 ntpstatstext.js

Not sure what else to check. Any ideas?
Check for browser console errors as a starting point

Check for browser console errors as a starting point

I am seeing the below errors loading the following javascript files... is something no longer installed correctly?

Errors for each file:
  • The script was loaded even though its MIME type (“text/html”) is not a valid JavaScript MIME type.
  • Loading failed for the script
(Sorry, I can't post the log file output in a code block since the cloudflare filter is rejecting it as being malicious!)

Last edited:
I am seeing the below errors loading the following javascript files... is something no longer installed correctly?

Errors for each file:
  • The script was loaded even though its MIME type (“text/html”) is not a valid JavaScript MIME type.
  • Loading failed for the script
(Sorry, I can't post the log file output in a code block since the cloudflare filter is rejecting it as being malicious!)
Very strange. I did update those files while working on modmon, but I haven't seen any errors with the older scripts. Can you check the contents of the files for me?

They seem to be missing!
Code:
admin@host:/tmp/home/root# ll /www/ext/shared-jy/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            52 May  5  2018 chartjs-plugin-annotation.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/chartjs-plugin-annotation.js
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            46 May  5  2018 chartjs-plugin-zoom.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/chartjs-plugin-zoom.js
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            35 May  5  2018 hammerjs.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/hammerjs.js
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            33 May  5  2018 moment.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/moment.js
admin@host:/jffs/scripts# ll /jffs/scripts/shared-jy
ls: /jffs/scripts/shared-jy: No such file or directory

They seem to be missing!
Code:
admin@host:/tmp/home/root# ll /www/ext/shared-jy/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            52 May  5  2018 chartjs-plugin-annotation.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/chartjs-plugin-annotation.js
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            46 May  5  2018 chartjs-plugin-zoom.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/chartjs-plugin-zoom.js
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            35 May  5  2018 hammerjs.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/hammerjs.js
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            33 May  5  2018 moment.js -> /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/moment.js
admin@host:/jffs/scripts# ll /jffs/scripts/shared-jy
ls: /jffs/scripts/shared-jy: No such file or directory
On my router those links are to the new location /jffs/addons/shared-jy and the js files are there.

It is as if your forced update and reboot are not working.

This new cloudflare filter is not allowing me to post much (paths, dir walks, code), it claims everything is malicious... very annoying.

Yes, the symlinks were out of date (they were looking in jffs scripts and not jffs addons.) So I corrected them and now ntpmerlin and conmon UIs both work.

@Jack-Yaz you might want to check the symlinks on install to be sure they are not stale.

This new cloudflare filter is not allowing me to post much (paths, dir walks, code), it claims everything is malicious... very annoying.

Yes, the symlinks were out of date (they were looking in jffs scripts and not jffs addons.) So I corrected them and now ntpmerlin and conmon UIs both work.

@Jack-Yaz you might want to check the symlinks on install to be sure they are not stale.
Every script run should wipe the links ans recreate. Not sure why it didn't work for you. I'd need you to have run ntpmerlin in terminal to see if anything errors

My UPSes have been whining for about a week now with NTP update failures. All of this started with the updates earlier in this week. The router has been rebooted a # of times.

I'm not quite sure how to debug it b/c the graphs from ntpMerlin show the router's sync is happening and I've toggled on/off/on the "force clients to use ntpmerlin" It's like the ntp / tcp / 123 traffic may being blocked? I'm using quad9 right now and checked that the ntp.conf file is correct. NTP.CONF has not changed since May 2019.

Also, it would be super of in ntpMerlin you displayed where the ntp.conf file lives b/c I can never remember and have to read your code. Even better would be an option to backup the ntp.conf with a time/date stamp to /jffs/configs when selected from the menu.

Thanks!

Also, it would be super of in ntpMerlin you displayed where the ntp.conf file lives b/c I can never remember and have to read your code. Even better would be an option to backup the ntp.conf with a time/date stamp to /jffs/configs when selected from the menu.
This. I never wish to complain about wonderful free software, but I disagree with the decision to move ntp.conf out of /jffs/configs. It was unsettling when my hand-crafted config file was mysteriously deleted without notice. I ask @Jack Yaz to reconsider this change, and move ntp.conf back to /jffs/configs where it belongs.

This. I never wish to complain about wonderful free software, but I disagree with the decision to move ntp.conf out of /jffs/configs. It was unsettling when my hand-crafted config file was mysteriously deleted without notice. I ask @Jack Yaz to reconsider this change, and move ntp.conf back to /jffs/configs where it belongs.
Afraid guidance from above asked addon scripts to keep files relevant to them all in the addons folder.

@nlurker I hope you had a good backup of that handcrafted config file!

Feel free to move the file and configure s77ntpd accordingly. To avoid any updates overriding your changes, I'd recommend forking the script to keep your changes separate.
No, I'll go along with whatever you decide. Forking my own version is the last thing I'd want to do. I hope you are not offended when I voice my opinion.