What's new

Offical ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.2345

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi
Can you show and explaen how you configure Smart Connect ?

And can you check is Apps analysis working ok and show speed ?

First I setup both bands like I normally do (with different SSIDs). Then I enabled smart connect with the default settings.

Ok but can you show screenshot from settins Smart Connect ?

Ok but can you show screenshot from settins Smart Connect ?

Sure, here's a screenshot.

default.JPG

First I setup both bands like I normally do (with different SSIDs). Then I enabled smart connect with the default settings.
That's exactly what i did and everything seems to be working! I'm still a little unsure of the various smart connect settings, so I kept them at the default for now.

Version 3.0.0.4.380.2345 2016/03/21

Release Note
- Improved wireless stability.
- Improved system stability.
- Added smart connect.
- Added repeater mode

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wi...2345.zip?_ga=1.158890623.439883054.1456023401

I was happy to see the addition of the repeater function.
I was also happy to see the well known transparent bridging, usually present with Broadcom devices, also working in this firmware.

However, the forwarding in media bridge and repeater modes seems to be broken.
A Windows 10 NUC and other Linux based devices are no longer able to get DHCP addresses and trying to access the NAS web interface of a device behind the bridge fails to respond.

This same behaviour occurs with this firmware and the beta rev. 2697.

I have had to reverted back to rev. 1354.

Ian

I have the Asus RT-AC3100 (snip) I also noticed that under "Traffic Analyzer" they added a "Traffic Limiter" tab.

When I clicked on that tab I got a message saying

"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC3100.
To access the settings of RT-3100, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

Glad I found this in the search function. I just "upgraded" to the AC-3100 from the AC66 today which served me well for 3 years. For now I'm on the stock firmware (3.0.0.4.380_2345). I was on Merlin forever but figured I'd ride stock around just to get a baseline for the router.

Anyway--I don't have any problems other than this. But I have this exact same issue. I've tried it on Firefox and Chrome and have cleared my cache. This is coming off of a fresh out of the box setup.

Not a huge deal but I thought I'd ask.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!