What's new

[Official] RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IAAI

Very Senior Member
http://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

- Release Note -

Security Fixes
- Updated TrendMicro security engine.
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis' contribution.
- Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.

New Features
- Time scheduling, Web & App filter, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.
- Web history and traffic analyzer can show device name.

Modifications
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Adaptive QoS can now be enabled without assigned upload/ download bandwidth.

Fixes
- Fixed media server scanning issue.
- Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
- Fixed Traffic Analyzer GUI issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_30043789135.zip

Looks like it's a CSS styling specific to Firefox. I made a Stylish rule to correct it. Changed margin-top from -140px to 0px.
Code:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document url("http://router.asus.com/QoS_EZQoS.asp") {
.FormTitle_firefox {
    margin-top: 0px;
    line-height: 160%;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-family: Arial,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    border: 1px solid #4D595D;
    color: #FFF;
}
}

anyone tried and any feedback?
The only issue I notice is traffic analyzer is missing. Traffic analyzer is mention in the release note but I don't see the function anywhere. I also notice DNS filtering is missing from AiProtection tab. I hope Merlin bring those functions back.

Last edited:
The only issue I notice is traffic analyzer is missing. Traffic analyzer is mention in the release note but I don't see the function anywhere. I also notice DNS filtering is missing from AiProtection tab. I hope Merlin bring those functions back.

DNSFilter is a feature of my firmware, it's not a feature from Asus.

DNSFilter is a feature of my firmware, it's not a feature from Asus.
I'm really missing your FW. :( The reason I upgrade to this is for the Security Fixes. I feel it's gonna a long wait before you can development to this model. I see you got a special package from ASUS. I think I know what it is. :]

Upgraded from official ASUS firmware to latest firmware - Took 90 secs for the overall update and no issues so far

1) Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu doesn't show offline devices - this is listed as new feature in this firmware.

2) Traffic analyzer used to be a hidden link earlier (though there is no menu navigation) and is not working from last firmware version - http://router.asus.com:8081/TrafficAnalyzer_Statistic.asp (same behavior in the last firmware version)

3) Router security assessment shows - UPnP Service disabled is 'No" even though it is actually disabled. This was same behavior in the last firmware also. Any comments / advise ?

1) Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu doesn't show offline devices - this is listed as new feature in this firmware.

I'm guessing the router has to see each device at least once to know it exists before it can be listed as an offline device.

Anybody else seeing this flooding their Syslog?

mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong

I'm guessing the router has to see each device at least once to know it exists before it can be listed as an offline device.

Hi tim, thanks for the reply.

Tried your suggestion by connecting other devices and the drop down displayed the device names only till it was connected. After disconnecting the devices, the names were not listed in the drop down. So, the problem exists for Wireless MAC filter.

This works for the other two drop downs in Time scheduling, Web & App filter.

Anybody else seeing this flooding their Syslog?

mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong

Not even one entry in Syslog in the last 8 hours (ie., after upgrading to the latest version from the official version)

I'm really missing your FW. :( The reason I upgrade to this is for the Security Fixes. I feel it's gonna a long wait before you can development to this model. I see you got a special package from ASUS. I think I know what it is. :]
essplain