What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

this is for EA not RT models

Yet again downgraded all AC87 and everything is stable.
The newer 5ghz has stability issues that I had not seen with other releases.
So gave up on Asus and bought the R8500.
Using it with 2 AC68 bridges with zero issues!

Are there any circumstances under which the Asus Router app will not see the router? Specific firewall settings or something? Or maybe a timeout of sorts if the WiFi signal is not great? The app keeps telling me that it can't find any compatible devices.

I have 3.0.0.4.378.9313 installed on my AC87U, reset to defaults after the install, there are no other AP's etc on the network therefore Android is connected directly to the 87U's WiFi.

What is the recommendation take for Beamforming? Should they all be ON or OFF? for both 2.4 and 5Ghz

Both ON as soon as the next version of the firmware will be released. Sorry, no idea on ETA.

I've got the new nexus 6p and battery drain is even more incredible perhaps due to 2x2. I left it at home connected to WiFi and it plummeted from 93% to 40% with no use, I took it to work and used it with disabled WiFi and it only dropped to 80%.

I've got the new nexus 6p and battery drain is even more incredible perhaps due to 2x2. I left it at home connected to WiFi and it plummeted from 93% to 40% with no use, I took it to work and used it with disabled WiFi and it only dropped to 80%.
Wait for next firmware, the latest Beta I've tested solved the battery drain issue (On my S6 went from 22% on idle to just 7% during 8hs on idle)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Has anyone with an RT-AC56U installed this? I didn't bother with the previous 9 series version due to all the problems I was reading about. I'm running 378.4585 and haven't had any problems whatsoever. I'm also a bit of a noob here and only have a few wireless devices due to a wired network in my place. Thanks

Still have my 87u unopened in the box. Wish the FW was good. All I ever read about are the issues with each new FW. Can't believe the battery drain issue is still present.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!