What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9460

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Now broken file is removed from official site.

No... Still is on official site.

Version 3.0.0.4.378.9460 does show on the download page as 0.25KB, but if you download the file it is actually 43,421KB's. However, I haven't tried to flash it.

Version 3.0.0.4.378.9460 does show on the download page as 0.25KB, but if you download the file it is actually 43,421KB's. However, I haven't tried to flash it.

No, look again.
The link and file you are referring to is an invalid zip that only downloaded .25KB and will not open, or only gives you the current firmware, or won't download at all.
As of this post, links to the invalid zip file version 3.0.0.4.378.9460 have been removed entirely from the Asus site.
3.0.0.4.378.9460 is available for the Asus RT-AC3200, but not the Asus RT-AC87U

Looks like the Asus firmware update for the RT-AC87U is still hung over from Friday's Christmas celebration.

Last edited:
ubimea; the file I downloaded from the RT-AC87 Helpdesk was in fact 43,421KB, not .25KB as shown! I don't know if the file is invalid or not because I haven't tried to use it. However, I just tried to download the file again as a test and while it is still shown on the Helpdesk page; the download link is no longer valid; so ASUS appears to have removed it.

The last file in this picture is the file I downloaded this morning; 43,421KB. However, as I said, I don't know if it is valid or not and will wait for ASUS to sort things out.

ASUS%20Firmware%20Downloads_zpsovjbiugs.jpg

Last edited:
ubimea; the file I downloaded from the RT-AC87 Helpdesk was in fact 43,421KB, not .25KB as shown! I don't know if the file is invalid or not because I haven't tried to use it. However, I just tried to download the file again as a test and while it is still shown on the Helpdesk page; the download link is no longer valid; so ASUS appears to have removed it.

Have you in fact "unzipped" what you downloaded?
I suspect if you are able to unzip the file at all the *.trx will be the old firmware, 9383, and not 3.0.0.4.378.9460.

As of this post, the Windows 10 64 bit shows a 42.4 MBytes file available, but if you click through and try to download that file, its is not a valid zip file, and is only .256 bytes in size.

Sheesh, Asus, wake up!

Last edited:
ubimea, it extracts as "RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_9460-ge0bf238.trx"; 43,420KB

ubimea, it extracts as "RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_9460-ge0bf238.trx"; 43,420KB

You must have got the last one, and then broke the download for the rest of us :)

Just kidding, of course, but still not fixed by ASUS.

As you know, the downloads are listed by operating system. Most don't offer the new firmware at all; curiously Windows 7 64 teases with a broken zip.

No indication the file has been withdrawn, but I agree you probably should wait for Asus to WAKE UP and post the correct file.

Last edited:
i have problem with this fw.
I can't connect my Lumia 925 using 5GHz band. I have hidden ssid and when i add this network my phone cant connect. When ssid is not hide then no problem. On 2.4Ghz also no problem, also no problems on my laptop.

Last edited:
You must have got the last one, and then broke the download for the rest of us :)

Just kidding, of course, but still not fixed by ASUS.

As you know, the downloads are listed by operating system. Most don't offer the new firmware at all; curiously Windows 7 64 teases with a broken zip.

No indication the file has been withdrawn, but I agree you probably should wait for Asus to WAKE UP and post the correct file.
LOL, I knew I'd get blamed! :( :D

I download from the Windows 10 64 bit menu, but I see 9460 is no longer listed.

However, I agree with you, I don't plan to take a chance and flash the version I downloaded. I was just curious to see what file size would actually be downloaded and what version would be extracted. I'll wait until ASUS gets this sorted out!

Hello there.

I've been running my two ASUS RT-AC87Us on Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9460 for 1 days 12 hours 5 minute(s) 59 seconds and so far everything is good. Thanks Asus for keeping this router alive!

My IP TV issues on my Apple TV and Shaw Free Range TV app seem to have been fixed when the PPPoE multicast bugs were addressed. Android power drain issue on 5GHz seems to be fixed for the most part. Still seeing drain but not nearly as bad as before. 5GHz channel is very stable even with all the Beamforming setting set to Enable which is now on by default. Speeds are fine and there have been no disconnects that I've noticed. The network map now shows a proper icon for my 2nd Asus AC87U router running in AP mode and can look back to the primary AC87U and see the icon as well (this was mainly cosmetic but I'm glad it's fixed).

That's all I've noticed so far. Mostly all good.

Thanks Asus!!! :)

You will then be very surprised buying other router's brands and their abandoning policy for routers of similar age than this one ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!