What's new

One device keeps getting disconnected from N66U repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yipee Kaiyay

Occasional Visitor
I have a Sony android phone that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my n66u repeater. Main router is ac68u.
When I connect directly to the main router everything works fine.

All other devices connect without issues to the extender.
Both routers are running the latest Asus firmwares.

I don't have other issues with the internet or anything...it's just this one device that keeps disconnecting as soon as I connect to the extender.

I did install ddwrt on the n66u temporarily just for giggles. My phone connected just fine...but ddwrt has it's own annoying issues that pop up randomly.

I have installed john's fork ,also...same issue with disconnects.

I'm out of ideas.

I have a Sony android phone that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my n66u repeater. Main router is ac68u.
When I connect directly to the main router everything works fine.

All other devices connect without issues to the extender.
Both routers are running the latest Asus firmwares.

I don't have other issues with the internet or anything...it's just this one device that keeps disconnecting as soon as I connect to the extender.

I did install ddwrt on the n66u temporarily just for giggles. My phone connected just fine...but ddwrt has it's own annoying issues that pop up randomly.

I have installed john's fork ,also...same issue with disconnects.

I'm out of ideas.
"In Repeater mode, the DHCP-assigned IP address changes. Install and use the Device Discovery Utility to get the wireless router's new IP address."

Quote from the Administration web page for the 66...is this a factor?

If both routers share the same IP, you will have a conflict, especially if you use DHCP on the phone...the phone then has its pick and will go back and forth depending on signal strength. Set up a unique static IP on the phone, not shared with both routers. On the other hand, YMMV...talking thru my hat here because I have never used a repeater, just use the 66 as my main gateway.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!