What's new

OpenVPN - Access to LAN Only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

:confused:

:confused:
That's pretty clear then. Yes you can put it in bridge mode but you lose the 4G Assure failover function. That's completely expected given that the 4G Assure is a USB dongle device.

I'm guessing then also that when the failover is in place the VPN won't work either? The client will point to the wrong IP?

I'm guessing then also that when the failover is in place the VPN won't work either? The client will point to the wrong IP?

You know - I've never actually tested that part out. If it was down for an extended period, I could reconfigure the clients. Otherwise, It's not the end of the world if they just for for it to come back online.

The failover is more for our cloud based phone system.

Still struggling with this.

Before I wipe and test - does anyone know how easy it would be to use the router as a VPN server only (on the 48.0) network, leaving the BT kit to handle routing, dhcp, etc? In that scenario, I would surely just be able to enable the LAN ONLY toggle on the VN server settings?

sorry to dig up an old thread - but i never did manage to get this working.

On the other end, I also have an RT-AC86U running Merlin. I wondered if I could maybe connect from that and specify from that end for only traffic destined for 48.0/24 go through it? Everything else to go out the normal WAN port.

I did try, as you can see, but this doesn't work as expected.

2021-02-01 21_44_41-.png