What's new

OpenVPN not working with GuestNetworks?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brainfrost

New Around Here
I just installed the latest merlin firmware on my AX86U and configured OpenVPN, everything is running great except for the devices connecting through the GuestNetwork(s).

These devices can't connect to the internet. However when I enable the "Access Intranet" on the GuestNetwork, they CAN connect to the internet, but I don't want this feature enabled for guests.

I also noticed the guest network getting a different range when "Access Intranet" is disabled, normal range is "X.X.1.X", with disabled it becomes "X.X.100.X", so I'm guessing it has something to do with this fact?

Is this by design, or am I missing something? I would expect all traffic going through the VPN when I've set the "Redirect Internet traffic through tunnel" to "all".

At the moment I'm using the VPN Director to route the devices on my guest network to the WAN, and the other devices on my normal network through the VPN, but I want all my devices going through the VPN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I also noticed the guest network getting a different range when "Access Intranet" is disabled, normal range is "X.X.1.X", with disabled it becomes "X.X.100.X", so I'm guessing it has something to do with this fact?
The first (leftmost) guest network on each band works differently from the other two. Use the second or third guest network instead.

If it still doesn't work you'd probably have to use an addon script like YazFi.

At the moment I'm using the VPN Director to route the devices on my guest network to the WAN, and the other devices on my normal network through the VPN, but I want all my devices going through the VPN.
Did you try using the VPN Director to have your guest network IPs go through the desired VPN connection instead of the WAN? If it works, there is no need for using any addon. I have nothing against YazFi, but I like my router to run lean & mean..!