What's new

OpenVPN server configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nastyjoe

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this awesome custom firmware. I've been fiddling around the features lately and now I have decided I want an OpenVPN server running so I could access my home network from remote locations. Unfortunately, at least iOS does not support TAP connections so I am forced to using TUN, and the real problem is that I am clueless as how to get other devices visible for the remote machine.

Could someone please give some advice as to how I should configure my RT-AC56u so that I could for example use iPrint from a remote location?

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this awesome custom firmware. I've been fiddling around the features lately and now I have decided I want an OpenVPN server running so I could access my home network from remote locations. Unfortunately, at least iOS does not support TAP connections so I am forced to using TUN, and the real problem is that I am clueless as how to get other devices visible for the remote machine.

Could someone please give some advice as to how I should configure my RT-AC56u so that I could for example use iPrint from a remote location?

Thanks! :)

You can do tap if you jailbreak and install guizmovpn on your iOS device

You can do tap if you jailbreak and install guizmovpn on your iOS device

Thank you thank you thank you for mentioning the name of that great app!! Now I can access my samba share from my iTouch easily!
Working fine on iOS 7.0.4 jailbroken

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thank you thank you thank you for mentioning the name of that great app!! Now I can access my samba share from my iTouch easily!
Working fine on iOS 7.0.4 jailbroken

Been using it. It's worth all the money you pay for it

i understand that Merlins firmware can generate client and server keys automatically for OpenVPN. Does anyone know how to do this?

UPDATE:- Scratch that its done it!!

Last edited:
What's the price of the app? I have 7 days trial right now.

Purchased mine from inside the app. Make sure it works well for your first. I use it to connect to quite a few openvpn servers reliably