What's new

optimal wifi settings advice RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Chenks, still haven't read the links yet, I see (from post 4). :)

@Chenks, still haven't read the links yet, I see (from post 4). :)

no thanks.
i've used the advice from those that actually posted advice to the thread, rather then posting a link to a page that contained a link that contained a link.

No worries. But 24 hours later, you're still trying to re-create the wheel.

I've helped many like yourself over the years, just a little too busy and too tired repeating myself. :)

Maybe, some of the 'original' links will help you? Even if the link supplied above is the culmination of all the things I've learned (and have been implementing) since then.

L&LD | SmallNetBuilder Forums

not at all.
24 hours later i've finished, and i was sleeping for a lot of those 24 hours.
You've already been given sound advice in this thread. 160mhz for 5ghz (to enable maximum throughput). You need to use manual to get 160mhz. If you don't need 160mhz, set it to 80mhz auto.

20mhz on 2.4ghz with the channel selection set to auto. Your router will pick the best channel. If a better channel becomes available, it will then switch you over to that.

All of the other wireless settings such as beam forming are already setup by Asus for optimum performance. You only need to change them if you are having trouble.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!