What's new

Optimizing My Gaming Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Slickly

New Around Here
I posted this over on Tom's Hardware and they directed me here, so I am a first time poster :p

I just built my wife a computer with some pretty amazing specs. We got a new router and we hooked it up and hooked our computers into it. I kind of suspected we might run into a problem of bandwidth, and it's not absolutely horrible, but I'd like to optimize my connection between our two computers so I might experience as little lag as possible.

The router that I purchased was an N150 WNR1000v3. It was around 30 dollars. I am wondering if there are any suggestions or norms when it comes to optimizing and speeding up our connection to the fastest speeds possible. The company advertises the package we have at 20/2. Our computers are literally right next to each other, the cable going into the modem, then into the router, then into our computers. Does anyone know any special little tricks so that I can play D3 and SC2 with her and fully experience the games without lag?

Any help is appreciated.

Rich