What's new

Optimizing router settings for Xbox live and minimal lag

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I beat most of the lag

I beat most of the lag.

How?

I disabled WMM in Wireless Settings. (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz professional TAB) I don´t play Wireless but THIS setting caused all the lag. I don´t know if WMM is always running or how it works excatly - but with disabled WMM it´s the first Time I can play Call of Duty off and on Host - I´m not behind anymore.

Is it possible that WMM is always running? Even if I don´t play wireless?

I think:

It´s like QOS and it seems to run all the time. If you host games then there are too many connections to handle (xbox is p2p) - you are behind.

If you want to beat LAG then disable this feature - even if you don´t play wireless.

Thank you bro. I have many problems with lag but on PS4. I change my settings like you say. I have Asus RT- N14U with Padavan
update. WMM - disable, WAN -Offload TCP/UDP for LAN - disable ( slow ). In Uncharted 4 multiplayer i have NO LAG, hitmarkers now very correct. Thank you very much :) ps. Padavan update 3.4.3.9-099.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!