What's new

Orbi add-ons ? Kamoj/Entware/Aegis??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TeamZero

Occasional Visitor
So I have been using Voxel fw, since shortly after I bought my Orbi, and love it. I have been thinking of trying some of the add-ons, but being somewhat of a newb, am a bit lost if I even "need" them. I have spent a fair bit of time searching though here, but am still at a bit of a loss. Kamoj does not look like its available for orbi by the looks of it so I guess that out? But what about the other? Am I missing anything that would be of use? Thanks folks for any info.

So I have been using Voxel fw, since shortly after I bought my Orbi, and love it. I have been thinking of trying some of the add-ons, but being somewhat of a newb, am a bit lost if I even "need" them. I have spent a fair bit of time searching though here, but am still at a bit of a loss. Kamoj does not look like its available for orbi by the looks of it so I guess that out? But what about the other? Am I missing anything that would be of use? Thanks folks for any info.
Aegis is fully compatible with @Voxel ’s Orbi firmware.

@mith_y2k is the first Orbi user who beta tested for me and gave me precious feedback from different tests to make it happen.

I believe Entware can be installed on Orbi as well.

Regards,
Hw

Happy customer of Aegis here. After the initial testing I had it running with logging on for a few weeks. I found a couple of false positives on the lists I use and now I’ve had it running without logging and without issues for a few weeks. I personally think Aegis adds a layer of security especially if you have malware installed on one of your devices.
Entware is a nice add on if you need additional tools beyond what comes with Orbi. If you don’t know if you need it... you probably don’t need it.

kamoj is not available for Orbi so problem solved

I believe Entware can be installed on Orbi as well.

Sure. From my QuickStart.txt from ORBI firmware:

. . .
4. Entware.

You can use Entware prepared by me for R7500/R7800/R9000. It works fine with Orbi.

(1) Prepare new USB stick or disk with ext2 or ext3 or ext4 filesystem from telnet/ssh
console. Label it “optware”. ext4 is highly recommended for USB HDD. Example how
to create ext4 filesystem with label “optware”:

mkfs.ext4 -L optware -O ^64bit /dev/sda1
. . .

The use of Entware is optional of course. Who needs something more.

Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!