What's new

Orbi question re: DHCP server settings (also asked on /Orbi)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evil_mike

Occasional Visitor
Hey gang,

I bought the Orbi a little while back, and have really liked it so far. Yesterday, I decided to set up a Pi-Hole (VERY cool stuff, by the way), but when I tried to configure a custom DNS server in the LAN settings, I couldn't find it. That kind of surprised me. So, am I missing something, or is it just not there?

I also am going to assume there's no custom firmware available, right?

I also am going to assume there's no custom firmware available, right?
There is no custom firmware available. I have my Orbi in AP mode, so can't answer your question right now.

No DNS setting option in LAN settings, but possible to change DNS in Advanced => Internet Setup

No custom FW available as yet...

Thanks guys. If I use Internet setup, that will preclude me from using OpenDNS, which I'd still like to use. Are there plans to add more options into DHCP setup? I was honestly surprised at how sparse the options were...

No custom FW available as yet...

be a brave man that took on the orbi as a 3rd party fw project before netgear iron out the existing bugs in relation to connectivity issues with apple gear and the ring door bell and nest cams etc + the usb not working

i would also think there would be little to improve in the orbi performance by going down the 3rd party path apart from maybe to implement the Ethernet backhaul some desperately want ( even though it was never designed to have it )

as a project i guess it would be fun if you had the time on your hands and the skill needed , its still prob the best performing of the DW and mesh systems and if you where going to take a punt on which dw and or mash system to tackle it would prob be the orbi but will it ever happen ? who knows

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!