What's new

Voxel [ORBI RBK50 (RBR50,RBS50)] Losing connectivity after power outage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dakial

New Around Here
Hi,

I had a power outage last week and since them I'm getting lots dropping connectivity (aka, can't connect to the internet) through the Orbi. The ISP router seems to have the connectivity (WAN led green) but no connection reaching my internal endpoints.

When checking Orbi (Voxel V9.2.5.2.25SF-HW) it says internet is alright but when I enter the WAN tab and press "test" I get a 404 return (as it probably can't reach the server for testing). The connectivity restores when I power cycle both the ISP router and the Orbi Router (RBR50)

Do any of you had similar situation? What would be the recommended course of action here?

Thanks!
Daniel

Power down all equipment by pulling the power plug from the box itself and the AC wall plug too. Leave the power button in the 'on' position. I would also unplug all LAN/WAN and USB devices too from all networking devices (modem/ONT, switches, and all other wired devices too), and leave everything unplugged for at least 2 minutes or more (I would leave it off for 60+ minutes, if possible).

Afterward, plug in the modem/ONT. Wait for it to fully power up and connect to your ISP. Plug in the WAN cable of the router to both the modem/ONT and the router, and then power on the router. Wait until it is fully powered up before plugging in the LAN cables to each switch/wired device and turning those on in turn too.

If this doesn't solve anything, I would be doing a full reset to factory defaults and then a minimal and manual configuration to see if the issue is resolved.

If the issues still continue, the following link may help you determine if the hardware is damaged and you require new equipment at this point.

Power down all equipment by pulling the power plug from the box itself and the AC wall plug too. Leave the power button in the 'on' position. I would also unplug all LAN/WAN and USB devices too from all networking devices (modem/ONT, switches, and all other wired devices too), and leave everything unplugged for at least 2 minutes or more (I would leave it off for 60+ minutes, if possible).

Afterward, plug in the modem/ONT. Wait for it to fully power up and connect to your ISP. Plug in the WAN cable of the router to both the modem/ONT and the router, and then power on the router. Wait until it is fully powered up before plugging in the LAN cables to each switch/wired device and turning those on in turn too.

If this doesn't solve anything, I would be doing a full reset to factory defaults and then a minimal and manual configuration to see if the issue is resolved.

If the issues still continue, the following link may help you determine if the hardware is damaged and you require new equipment at this point.

Thanks L&LD
Tried just that and also corrected somethings that were misconfigured on my network:
- Enabled Daisychain: For some reason (old age?) I forgot my RBS50 where in this topology.
- Disabled Traffic Meter: As I saw in the last Voxel firmware update thread that some connectivity of bug happens when it is on together with DSP.

Let's see if it holds.

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!