What's new

Packet lost what to do?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andyhs

Occasional Visitor
Hello everybody.

I've live in Denmark where we have Internet through wall plug that our housing company delivering.

But sometimes i've got time out on the internet. I tried a software called "Ping Plotter 5" And under "PL%" I've got numbers from 50 to 100. That sounds like there is a dropout somewhere, or do i misunderstand the software?? i use a cable directly to my NetgearWNDR 3700 router.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Contact the housing company as there is a fault on the connection.

If you want to be certain, unplug the Netgear and plug your PC directly into the wall socket. Then run ping plotter again.

But how do i proof for the housing company that there is a fail at the main line? i talk with the administrator of our network at the apartments and he says that i'm the only one that have this issue....

Maybe it helps to use another port in the main router and then up to my apartment?

If you're the only one having the problem then it could be a damaged cable in the wall, or one of the sockets at the end are damaged.

Make sure that the problem isn't any of your cables. Use another known good cable and test again.

33u3muv.jpg

There you go.

This is directly at the plug from the wall to my computer, with brand new RJ45cable tried with another, and its the same result almost.

Attachments

• Unavngivet.png
    Unavngivet.png
    127 KB · Views: 647
  • Unavngivet.png
    Unavngivet.png
    127 KB · Views: 421
  • Unavngivet.png
    Unavngivet.png
    127 KB · Views: 445
  • Unavngivet1.jpg
    Unavngivet1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 434
@Andyhs You are misunderstanding the results. There is no packet loss.

The packet loss shown for hops 1 and 4 can be ignored. They are intermediate devices (routers) that may or may not respond to pings.

The only thing that is important is whether there is any packet loss at the destination (8.8.8.8). There is no packet loss there. In fact your average latency is 13.8ms which is quite good.

Ah, okay, but there was i guy i talk to that recommended the software that told me that its not good with the PL at all... But if you say that its quite good then i am happy! But how do i then explain the time outs i've got, if there no packet loss ?

You recently said you were having problems with an AC66U, N56U, powerline adpater and an WNR1000! But that appeared to be a wireless problem. Now you say you have a WNDR3700. :confused: Is this the same problem for all devices or are you talking about multiple problems?

You need to run ping plotter continuously and look at it when you are experiencing the problem. If it is a problem with the line it would show up then.

You need to be more specific about the problem. Does it effect all devices, wired and wireless? How often does it happen? Does it only effect certain sites? etc., etc.

You recently said you were having problems with an AC66U, N56U, powerline adpater and an WNR1000! But that appeared to be a wireless problem. Now you say you have a WNDR3700. :confused: Is this the same problem for all devices or are you talking about multiple problems?

You need to run ping plotter continuously and look at it when you are experiencing the problem. If it is a problem with the line it would show up then.

You need to be more specific about the problem. Does it effect all devices, wired and wireless? How often does it happen? Does it only effect certain sites? etc., etc.

I understand your'e confuse... :D

Right now i've got a NETGEAR WNDR3700v3 wireless router on that i've got a PowerLine adapter from this router to a ASUS N56U that is setup as a AP. I've got an AC-66U but i dont use it because i thougt there was a fail on that. So right now is NETGEAR my primary router, and the N56U is an AP. The problem is for all devices both cable and wireless. I had a suspicion that maybe the N56 is making somthing. So i am investing in a Ubiquiti Unifi AC Lite and remove the N56U and turn off Wifi on WNDR3700V3. hope this will resolve the problem. Otherwise i'm stuck of ideas :D

OK thanks for the explanation.

But I think you still need to be more specific about the problem and when it occurs, at the moment all you've said is "sometimes i've got time out on the internet".

The problem is periodic. yesterday the wireless was completely unstable, i've got timeout all the time from the phone, macbook and PC. Today is it more stable...

You say the wireless was unstable but you previously said the problem also happened with wired connections. When the wireless problem occurs you need to confirm the same thing is happening on a wired connection. If you don't do this you will not know whether you have two separate problems or just one.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!