What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all,

I am new to the n56u world.

I'm currently running stock firmware (v.3.0.0.4.374_979). I have two questions:

1) Is the installation of this firmware as simple as download the latest custom firmware, unzipping it, and flashing it via the webGUI of the stock firmware?

I would like to achieve what is discussed in the following thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45494385#post45494385

2) Does Padavan's firmware enable me to use Commands, similar to those provided in dd-wrt, or configure dnsmasq?

If yes to 2), any suggestions on the easiest method to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Huawei E353u-2 (HiLink?) didn't work with stock FW, but with this Padavan's it does. Got a tip from these swedes here;)

http://www.minhembio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277511&st=600
Behövdes några omstarter efter jag gjort inställningar: Ändrade modem type till "NDIS: LTE and other"

I have to make small donation for the project.

1) Is the installation of this firmware as simple as download the latest custom firmware, unzipping it, and flashing it via the webGUI of the stock firmware?

I did just that, from latest stock FW.

Last edited:
Hello guys, first time posting in here.

I have N56U which was on stock latest fw until yesterday. Now it run Padavan's custom fw.

When it was on stock, I set my synology to host couple websites and I also have my home network under a domain (example: myhome.com). I can open my sickbeard by going myhome.com:8081 or open my couchpotato by doing myhome:5050 etc.

But after I flashed to Padavan's, it no longer working. I have them reconfigured just like what I had on the stock fw previously. I still can access it if I go to IP:port but not if I want to access it like domain:port.

Hope to get some help from someone here.

Thanks a lot.

I am currently running Merlin excellent firmware but I'm always interested in trying something else. I am pretty new to working with the firmware on routers so I would like to ask here what kind of audience this firmware is aimed at? The very experienced user, or is for general use like Merlin? Also, if I install it can I easily get back to stock and Merlin again?

I am currently running Merlin excellent firmware but I'm always interested in trying something else. I am pretty new to working with the firmware on routers so I would like to ask here what kind of audience this firmware is aimed at? The very experienced user, or is for general use like Merlin? Also, if I install it can I easily get back to stock and Merlin again?

Padavan's FW is only for the RT-N56U and RT-N65U (which are Ralink devices).

Hi all,

I am new to the n56u world.

I'm currently running stock firmware (v.3.0.0.4.374_979). I have two questions:

I would like to achieve what is discussed in the following thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45494385#post45494385

2) Does Padavan's firmware enable me to use Commands, similar to those provided in dd-wrt, or configure dnsmasq?

If yes to 2), any suggestions on the easiest method to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Just to report back, I was able to install this firmware, and I believe it has everything I need to get Chromecast working in Canada.

Padavan's FW is only for the RT-N56U and RT-N65U (which are Ralink devices).

Well, that takes care of that as far as I am concerned. But could I ask if there are other firmware alternatives for the RT-N66U than stock and yours? Latest Merlin runs incredibly well for me right now so I do not want to mess it up. The only problem I have is older Android devices which doesn't seem to like the 66 for some reason., Newer 4.x Android devices runs great.

Just to report back, I was able to install this firmware, and I believe it has everything I need to get Chromecast working in Canada.

I can confirm that this firmware will get your Chromecast working in Canada. 2 entries in the router config to override the google DNS addresses.

Ed

Well, that takes care of that as far as I am concerned. But could I ask if there are other firmware alternatives for the RT-N66U than stock and yours? Latest Merlin runs incredibly well for me right now so I do not want to mess it up. The only problem I have is older Android devices which doesn't seem to like the 66 for some reason., Newer 4.x Android devices runs great.

There are multiple variants of Tomato for the RT-N66U, as well as DD-WRT. Changing to a third party firmware won't do much for wireless issues however, as most of them use the same wireless driver (except for DD-WRT, which comes with its own baggage of issues).

can someone tell me how to see what udp and tcp timeout is on my Router?
How can I set these values?

DDNS issue

Hi to all,

I want to add more than three sub domains on the rt n56u padavan firmaware. Someone suggested me that I should create a custom script that is located inside /opt folder. This partition is read only. My question is: it's really necessary to use a USB penstick to write this custom script? In tomato usb, I inserted all my records in the DNS files separated by a comma.

Call me stupid,but I can't find anything how to save for e.g new created folder "ddns" .I don't have any usb device,and I don't know if is possible to use router's flash memory for script storage.All the common tips are for usb storage as I seen...maybe I'm wrong.
Can you help me?
Thanks.
P.S It seems that also init.d folder is missing,so my guess is that without optware installed on usb ,no chance to run multiple ddns scripts.This kind of trouble make me to miss more Tomato firmware with it's complete webinterface....
Cheers

Last edited:
can someone tell me how to see what udp and tcp timeout is on my Router?
How can I set these values?

can someone tell me how to change the Values and how can I see the default values?

Is it possible to lower the udp Sessions only for 1 Client? I want to lower them for my xbox. I played xbox today and lagged realy bad. I checked the active Connections and saw 158 connections for my xbox. I sometimes check the connections - and if the game doesn´t lag too bad there are not so many connections to see.