What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Reading through a couple posts here lately I've noticed people recommend .75 instead of .79. Where can someone get .75? Also I now see version 3.0.3.8-080, has anyone tried this version by chance? Thanks!

The 3.0.3.8-080 build has been working fine for me the last two days.

I second that.. 080 has been working perfectly so far..

Well since I like tinkering and trying out different stuff all the time I just decided to flash to this firmware from the stock Asus firmware. I must say that my signal strength improved a few points with wireless clients according to inSSIDer. I will leave it be and see how this version is for awhile. Also I'm curious if I have IPv6 settings set up the way they should be in the options? Thanks!

Attachments

• screenshot.1.jpg
    screenshot.1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 881
Folks, I would like to provide a quick update:
- ended up flashing latest ASUS firmware
- I think I found what was causing the trouble: suspecting "Enable DoS Protection" - when it is off, no issues, when it is on, trouble starts.

IMHO there is a bug in that code which makes ANY ASUS based firmware not to get along with DSL modems. Same problem was on AC56U.

Now my DSL internet is gone for good (there were are other problems - with DSL itself), and I am keeping this setting off with the new modem...

A developer need to debug to confirm this issue - I am not in a position to do that...

I second that.. 080 has been working perfectly so far..

The only things that I have noticed is that the USB 3.0 transfer rare is a bit lower that previous builds, and I get errors with transmission downloads.

But other than that, all is good. I've moved transmission over to an old laptop instead and get quicker downloads.

Im using the latest Padavan firmware and somehow my 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz speed are very slower than stock Asus firmware. Do someone know why?

I got 40mb/s with Padavan and about 85mb/s with stock at 5Ghz Wifi.

Hi All..
Im new to this.. may i know how can i create different vlans for individual LAN ports and create wireless SSID map to respective Vlan? and also how i can setup the dhcp server to serve individual vlan?

thankyou

This isn't dd-wrt/tomato so AFAIK you can't from the gui, but you should be able to using a startup script if you know what you are doing.

method 2 vconfig seems easier.

then how do I use the inbuilt DHCP server to serve this new vlan?

can I link my guest AP wireless to these vlans?

As I said you have to do it manually, so you need to research things.

To server DHCP: http://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...ame-of-a-dnsmasq-server-with-multiple-subnets
It describes how to use dnsmasq to serve multiple subnets. You will likely need to rewrite the dnsmasq config file located at /etc/dnsmasq.conf. Either use sed to replace things in the existing file, or killall dnsmasq and point it to a different config located for example in /etc/storage/

For the vlans to access the internet you need iptables rules to forward to wlan interface:
Code:
iptables -I INPUT -i vlanX -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i vlanX -o eth3 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT #accept connections from your vlan to WAN iface (eth3 usually)
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o vlanX -j logdrop #don't permit any connections between your lan and vlan

ofcourse change vlanX to your vlan#.

And all this will be reset on every boot, so you need to put all these commands into firewall script so it is setup this way every boot, and re-setup on every firewall reset.

Sorry I just discovered that only Broadcoms support individual port VLANs. Ralinks only support vlan tagging, which will probably be useless to you.

I'm running Padavans custom firmware on my N56U, and it's great, but I tried installing my printer, a HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series, and I can't seem to find it on my computers, neither on OSX and Win7.

Any ideas?

PS. I had the printer hooked up when I was on stock firmware and it worked then.

Hi, which files to flash and how to flash it?
I have read through but no guide as such..
If some could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it..
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

new Version online

3.X.3.8-081:
----------------------------------------------------------
- Fixed WAN DHCP6C client IA-ID (now generated from WAN MAC).
- Fixed SSH brute-force protection mode "Max 3 tries/60 min".
- Fixed infinite loop in xUPnPd plugin "xupnpd_ivi".
- Added support Stateful mode for LAN DHCPv6 server.
- Added support 802.1x EAP-TTLS and EAP-PEAP WAN authentication.
- Added support static WAN DNS#3.
- Added support store system time to Internal Storage (/etc/storage).
- Added support custom exports file /etc/storage/exports for NFS server.
- Added NTP client callback, improve relability.
- Added WiFi Guest AP control to WPS button behaviour.
- Updated OpenSSL to v1.0.1g (vulnerability CVE-2014-0160).
- Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.3.
- Updated miniupnpd to 1.8.20140401.
- Updated usb-modeswitch to 2.1.1, updated usb-modeswitch-data up to 2014-03-27.
- Updated miniDLNA from upstream.
- Updated xUPnPd to rev398.
- Updated Entware new URLs.
- Updated Linux kernel code from upstream.
- Updated uClibc inet code from upstream.
- Improved WebUI render under IE11.
- Improved WebUI response.

Hi, which files to flash and how to flash it?
I have read through but no guide as such..
If some could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it..
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Finally worked it out.. Simple enough..
Just flashed this file..
RT-N56U_3.4.3.8-081.trx
From this mirror link....
Thanks for the hosting
http://198.23.248.102/N56U/