What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

With mine something is not right with it. I used to use it as my router before swapping my Rt-N56s and making it an AP. When it was a router I had an issue where it would lose the traffic logs for some reason. Which was why I had swapped them a long time ago. Otherwise that N56U seems to work fine as an AP, I just can't view the devices on Network Map tab. But I can always look at my N65U AP or the N56U I'm using as a router to see the info.

I might just remove that N56U completely. I need to add a fourth AP anyway from all the wireless devices I keep adding. So I might just put the two, still in box, N65U routers I have in service as a fourth AP and to replace the N56U AP. I'm sure I'll be over eighty devices on my network before the end of the year.

Last edited:
The traffic meter (daily usage) shows all zeros in 085 (dlna) and also in 081 (dlna) even after about an hour of usage. Is there a dlna firmware version that has this page working?

Run the Script After Connected/Disconnected to VPN Server

I noticed that the newest firmware version allows you to run a script if the VPN client disconnects from the the server (which is fantastic, I guess). Is anyone already making good use of this, and can someone possibly give instructions what to put there to make sure that all traffic is safely blocked when the VPN dies? Thanks a ton!

Hello guys. After wondering throught the internet i came across this forum and i hope you can help me with a problem that i'm facing on Padavan's custom firmware. To be more specific i have a problem with Transmission. Every time i load a torrent, transmission interface becomes unresponsive and i have to restart the router. I have tried reflashing the FW, creating a swap partition and i have the same problem. Can you guys help me?

Hello guys. After wondering throught the internet i came across this forum and i hope you can help me with a problem that i'm facing on Padavan's custom firmware. To be more specific i have a problem with Transmission. Every time i load a torrent, transmission interface becomes unresponsive and i have to restart the router. I have tried reflashing the FW, creating a swap partition and i have the same problem. Can you guys help me?

What filesystem and do you have preallocate option in transmission set to yes? You might just need to wait till it preallocates the full size of the torrent on the storage device or turn that option off

What filesystem and do you have preallocate option in transmission set to yes? You might just need to wait till it preallocates the full size of the torrent on the storage device or turn that option off

hdd capacity support

hey guys, i have a 2tb hdd on my router(rt-n56u). it works perfectly and im wondering if i can plug a 4tb hdd or more to the usb port. how much capacity does padavan fw support? thanx in advance guys

First up, Hello everyone and new year greetings.

Next up, my query.

I would like to execute a python script to login to a captive portal whenever the WAN is down. I have the script ready, but wanted a bit more clarity on how to execute it using the 'Run After WAN Up/Down Events:' option.

The libraries it uses are sys, urllib2, socket, time.

those are standard libraries. you should be able to install python through entware (obviously you need to have usb storage and install entware first).

then you should be able to easily add your script. $1 will be either up or down, and you can use an if statement to call whatever you need

So is the reservation limit still 64? I have several new cameras coming which will push me over ninety devices on my N56U router at home. The last time I checked I couldn't go past 64 reservations. So I will need to dump some of my reservations to add the cameras. SInce I need to open ports for them for remote access. 96 reservation capability would be nice. 128 would be even better.

those are standard libraries. you should be able to install python through entware (obviously you need to have usb storage and install entware first).

then you should be able to easily add your script. $1 will be either up or down, and you can use an if statement to call whatever you need

Thanks for the info. The script runs fine when executed from SSH with the Entware python version which is at 2.7.3. I was earlier running it on Optware whose version (2.5.3) was causing issues.

I also tried running it with if, but was encountering issues, probably because I am not very conversant with shell scripting. However, I settled with the use of the case statement in the end, based on other WRT scripts I encountered.

Code:
case "$1" in
 down)
		python /etc/storage/script.py
		;;
esac

Edit: I guess this is the proper syntax for the if statement

Code:
if [ "$1" == "down" ]
then
fi

However, when I execute it from the SSH prompt, I don't get any response even if I include an echo statement. So how can I confirm that execution is happening properly?

Last edited:
Edit: I guess this is the proper syntax for the if statement

Code:
if [ "$1" == "down" ]
then
fi

However, when I execute it from the SSH prompt, I don't get any response even if I include an echo statement. So how can I confirm that execution is happening properly?

you are passing down as the first argument?

you are passing down as the first argument?

I can't say I have gotten the script to work in the current format. As I mentioned previously, I only need the script to be executed when the WAN is down. The python script itself opens an URL to complete the login process for a captive portal.

However, I have some queries over the detection of the "down" event because while the WebGUI indicates "disconnected" status, the WAN icon on the router itself is ON at the time when I need to login to the captive portal. So, I am not sure whether the script is getting executed and I can't seem to find it in the logs.

I am however able to manually execute the command successfully. So, for now I have put in a shell script in etc/storage that executes the python script and put the reference to the shell script in the WAN script, so that it reads as follows:

Code:
if [ "$1" == "down" ]
then
sh /etc/storage/custom.sh
fi

Hi, I have an adsl connection with D-Link DSL-320B rev Z1 bridged and N56U with padavan fw 3.4.3.9-091.
Modem ip: 192.168.1.1
N56U ip: 192.168.0.1

Gateway WAN from n56 is: 192.168.100.1

When I try to open modem page via 192.168.100.1 I can't view anything.
Ping to 192.168.100.1 works.

How can I view my modem config page?

Thanks