What's new

Pair of Asus Rt-ax88u, 1 in bridge mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andyandyandyandyandy

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have setup a new rt-ax88u as a wireless bridge to my existing rt-ax88u running as the main router. Both units are running the latest firmware. I am connecting using 5ghz band. The connection speed shows as great. I am testing the units in the same room together. My broadband connection is 500mbps. When I run a test from the router I get 500mb Internet all the time. From the wireless bridge the max throughout speed i can get is about 200mb. I have also tried transferring just files across the Lan and get similar speeds. I have tried 40mhz, 80mhz and 160mhz and get the same speed. I have checked my local area for different channels and there is no interference. The wireless bridge shows a connection speed of 3600mbps but the throughput is still slow. I previously used a rt-ac88u as a bridge and got 500mbps throughput with a connection speed of only 1000mbps. Any ideas please?

Did you find a answer for this? I’m also looking at doing something similar. It almost sounds like Asus is just horrible a bridge mode.