What's new

Parent AP status disconnected w/5GHz but connects w/2.4GHz to RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nzwayne

RT-AX88U (router mode) and RT-AC86U ( repeater or media modes), I can not get the RT-AC86U to connect in 5GHz mode from the RT-AX88U as the 5GHz band sometimes not available to the RT-AC86U setup selection panel, even if the routers sitting on same desk, but always 2.4GHz mode available .
If I do connect in 5GHz mode, it drops with a few hours later. RT-AX88U 2.4GHz channel = 6, 5GHz channel = 36.
Using 384.12_alpha1_q4a8cd4ead5 and tried other earlier Merlin levels too for both units.
Ideas?...Thanks.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 565
  • bug works.jpg
    bug works.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 469
RT-AX88U (router mode) and RT-AC86U ( repeater or media modes), I can not get the RT-AC86U to connect in 5GHz mode from the RT-AX88U as the 5GHz band sometimes not available to the RT-AC86U setup selection panel, even if the routers sitting on same desk, but always 2.4GHz mode available .
If I do connect in 5GHz mode, it drops with a few hours later. RT-AX88U 2.4GHz channel = 6, 5GHz channel = 36.
Using 384.12_alpha1_q4a8cd4ead5 and tried other earlier Merlin levels too for both units.
Ideas?...Thanks.
you are using alpha firmware, what do you expect?
and maybe better to post in 384.12_alpha thread.

Last edited:
Ideas?...Thanks.

What's it dng this same behavior with previous firmware? If so you'll get the reset instructions and even try gng back to stock. If this continues then you might have a faulty band. I was having issues with 2.4 GHz both using stock and Merlin's FW so I got it replaced. Good luck.

I've tried both 384.12 Alpha 1 codes & 384.11_2 on the RT-AX88U and RT-AC86U's. Installed the code via GUI, and also via recovery mode installs. Full resets/initalise on all each time to make sure I'm coming from a clean platform. Not tried yet the ASUS code levels. Playing with this stuff, time consuming!! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!