What's new

PC getting 1mbs connected directly to router on 100mbs line

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heavymod

Occasional Visitor
I've been struggling with a few different network problems - lots of small things broken, and I'm trying to fix them all. I have a WIN10 PC with an intel onboard ethernet. It is only getting ~ 1mbs when using various speed tests. The router it is connected to is getting 80mbs+. I believe the cable is fine - I plugged in another PC and was able to get 50mbs using that cable.

I have deleted/reinstalled the driver. I'm not sure what to do next. Is there some software throttling I might not be aware of? I'm at a bit of a loss.

driver thernet.jpg

No such issues like this are generally reported on the forums here.

You must be running a very old version of Windows if an article from 2014 is relevant to your setup.

I still run Windows 10 on an old Lenovo T400 laptop which i dust off maybe once every other year if i need a windows-based device for some tests or trials as all other portable devices in the house are Apple. This old coffee mill still reaches 150 Mbps on speedtest.

All my business use computers run Windows 10, around 20x HP USDTs.

Yes, but i am talking about an Intel Core2Duo 2.5GHz with 2GB of RAM meaning this laptop is at its limits when running W10 and still can reach bandwidth at the NIC limit.