What's new

Please advice, need help urgently

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vsehraw

New Around Here
Hi All,

I am looking for a second router to add to my Late-2009 Time Capsule to improve my wireless performance. I live in a 3 story house and all the wireless activity takes place on the 2nd and 3rd floor.

I have my Time Capsule connected to my Main Computer on the 3rd floor and there are the following devices currently using the internet:

- 6 MacBook Pros (Internet Usage)
- 2 Macs (Heavy D'loading and Internet Gaming)
- 1 HTPC for HD 1080p Streaming from Netflix, Hulu and also from other computers
- PS3 online gaming and streaming video
- XBOX360 & Wii Online Gaming

I have been looking at WDR3700 and also at the W3500L, are these the right choices or should I be looking at something else ?

The goal is to get the fastest possible Wireless to everyone in the house and with reliable connection, especially to the HTPC on the 2nd floor.

For HD streaming, I'd recommend that you find a way to get an Ethernet cable between floors instead of trying to do it wirelessly.

If you're determined to do this wirelessly, you might be better off with another Apple router, since WDS (repeating) setup should be easier.

I wont be able to run wires through the house, so Wireless it is.

Will a 3700 or 3500L or Dlink Router be better than an Airport Extreme in WDS performance ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!