What's new

Please help - ASUS RT-AC86U WiFi network dropping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ofir Arbel

New Around Here
Hello
I have this router for the last couple of months and since I’ve installed it I’m having problems with the WiFi.
While using my iPhone I’m connected to the 2.4 wireless network and I see that my WiFi is connected but it feels like all the the time the network is dropping and I know this because I’m trying to surf to some website and it stuck, and when I turned of the WiFi on my iPhone to 4G is working . It happened in all my device.
I’m on the latest original firmware.
When I bought it I thought that this router will be big upgrade from the router my network company gave me but I’m very disappointed.
Is there a way to fix it?

Hello
I have this router for the last couple of months and since I’ve installed it I’m having problems with the WiFi.
While using my iPhone I’m connected to the 2.4 wireless network and I see that my WiFi is connected but it feels like all the the time the network is dropping and I know this because I’m trying to surf to some website and it stuck, and when I turned of the WiFi on my iPhone to 4G is working . It happened in all my device.
I’m on the latest original firmware.
When I bought it I thought that this router will be big upgrade from the router my network company gave me but I’m very disappointed.
Is there a way to fix it?

Take a look at my install notes. Ignore the AiMesh bits. Read the reset FAQ. Don't worry about the other linked references. The notes look worse than they are.

What happened to your ISP box... are you using it in a bridge mode? It it still routing? Is its WiFi still ON?

Is there a separate modem? Do you have any wired clients that perform well?

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!