What's new

Please help, getting hacked to pieces

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zander

New Around Here
So it's a long story but this guy hijacked 2 laptops and 2 phones in total. No formatting didn't help in the slightest, not even using the only tool that even formats the HPA. Because on one he had fake signed the uefi, the other he was using hidden linux partitions and udisks2 so I was formatting virtual drives. Funny, and also not so funny.

Ripped out all wifi and bluetooth from laptop. Physically removd them. Only cord. He's still there. On my phone I can see RSS or what it's called of like 4 diff wifi 6 spots in my fucing apartment??? After ripping out a piece of electricity thing, since I was sure there was one behind. I realize it has to be virtual ones.

This will be a police matter eventually, but until then I'm getting a router and new laptop.

I managed to get the only asus that can't run merlin it seems. It's going well now!

The ax57

I can and will trade in it though but to what would you recommend? I don't care one bit for speed, my apartment is tiny and I have 1-2 devices needing wifi at best.

So security is the only thing I really care for.

And assume he's already close/constant pinging, able to duplicate my ip and Mac and join the router etc. How do I counter that? Vpn, certificate? I'll take any advice at this point.

He is extremely skilled, does not do this for fun (seen his extremely serious like log files) so it's a hired thing or something. 70% automated, 30 manual I'd say. All phones had exact same kernel style and folder structures as my pcs, except on pc it was efivars kernel to shirt on my uefi

A pro would be the most efficient option. You're going to have to hunt down any WiFi devices and nuke them. If formatting doesn't work then you need new drives. The issue with the UEFI means a new board most likely since it's next to impossible to get rid of. Phones one the other hand can be flashed with a full stock image to get rid of any intrusion and if that doesn't work l, new phones. A USB Linux boot drive would be your friend for not having any persistent infections as it run in RAM. But with 4+ devices infected you're going to have to do a lot of offline work to get things cleaned up and secured.

This will be a police matter eventually, but until then I'm getting a router and new laptop.

Buy a chromebook and Google Nest Wifi (which are chromebooks as routers).

9 out of 10 hackers recommend them if you really want to be secure...

Buy a chromebook and Google Nest Wifi (which are chromebooks as routers).

9 out of 10 hackers recommend them if you really want to be secure...

I am not sure it is a technical professional that is required here.;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!