What's new

Policy Problems With Nordvpn and Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Arch

New Around Here
So basically i have an Arris SBG6782 from my cable company that cannot be bridged. I got them to give me a second ip, enabled passthrough and put my Asus's MAC in, and plugged my Asus Rt-N66U [Merlin 380.70].

It all worked fine and i installed nordvpn on the Asus. No problems. Now the problem i am having is i have a Roku box i want to go through the vpn, except for the Netflix app on it. I can easily connect the Roku to the Asus and have it Vpn'd, but i can't seem to get the Policy rules to send anything outside the vpn. Any time i put in a policy rule and send it to WAN it seems to disable the vpn function, or not do anything at all.

I"ve attached a screenshot to show how i have the policy rules set up to send the Roku to vpn and the Netflix ip ranges to WAN. the way i have it in the screenshot the Roku is going through the vpn but Netflix isn't being bypassed. Wondering if someone can help me out. Maybe it's even some other wan setting on the Asus or the Arris. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Policies.jpg
    Policies.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 449
Last edited: