What's new

Port forwarding TorGuard vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ballibeg

Occasional Visitor
I'd like to access some cameras on my LAN.

I can access when I'm on the LAN via Chrome using <LAN IP>:8095

TorGuard have port forwarded 8095 and I've a rule in Merlin to port forward 8085 to the camera but when I use <TorGuard IP>:8095 I get connection refused.

Bit of noob and not turned up anything searching so any pointers appreciated.

Dave

Tor guard support have replied,

'The ports need to be used before they show as open, ste them in your torrent client for instance,t hey will then show as open.'

I'm not a torrent user. The ports are for my NAS and IP cameras.

Ok so more research has revealed that virtual server/port forwarding as set up in WAN options wont work for VPN connection. I need a script and to put the script onto the router. Loads of info out there so downloaded WinSCP, found a script to base the IP tables on. Wrote it. Figured out how to save without extension as openvpn-event. Placed onto router in correct folder with WinSCP and rebooted router.....No Luck trying to reach (external IP:8080)

So it could be bad script writing (it is my first attempt), longer wait or should I change the script octal value which is currently 0644

Script says

#!/bin/sh
sleep 1

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p udp -d **LOCAL IP* --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p tcp -d **LOCAL IP* --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 8080 -j DNAT --to-destination **LOCAL IP*

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 8080 -j DNAT --to-destination **LOCAL IP*

chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*

Any pointers pleased? I'm chuffed the forum search, wiki and google have got me this far!!

OK so after a day I cannot access the ports but a reboot of router sorts it. Updated to latest Merlin hoping will fix.

Old thread I know.
However I have trouble with port forwarding script (also have Torguard) and would very much like to know what your correct script that works looks like.