What's new

Possible bug in 386.alpha3?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

helloguys

Occasional Visitor
Asus RT-AC86U
Stock firmware: RT-AC86U_3.0.0.4_386_40451-g30f1b6c_cferom_ubi.w
Merlin firmware: RT-AC86U_386.1_alpha3-g874b3ed69d_cferom_ubi.w

I have a phone adapter OBI202, configured to use Google Voice(GV) and CallCentric. When on stock firmware, everything works fine. After switching to Merlin 386.1_alpha3, I got no audio on GV calls. I mean, phone can still dial, ring and connect. But on a connected call, there's no audio on either side. Strangely, CallCentric still works fine.

By looking at the OBI202 stats, RTP packet counts are zero. It seems that the box was not able to send or receive any audio packet with GV. I've done the following troubleshooting:

1) Rebooted OBI202. Same problem.
2) Remove GV configuration from OBI202. Add GV configuration back. Same problem.
3) Rebooted RT-AC86U. Same problem.
4) On RT-AC86U, toggle the SIP passthrough in "NAT Passthrough" menu. Same problem regardless of the setting.

Finally, I decided to revert back to stock firmware. Problem resolved.

When you tested RMerlin firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configure the router?

it's an alpha, so probably it is a bug, yes. if you need stability run a release version...

Asus RT-AC86U
Stock firmware: RT-AC86U_3.0.0.4_386_40451-g30f1b6c_cferom_ubi.w
Merlin firmware: RT-AC86U_386.1_alpha3-g874b3ed69d_cferom_ubi.w

I have a phone adapter OBI202, configured to use Google Voice(GV) and CallCentric. When on stock firmware, everything works fine. After switching to Merlin 386.1_alpha3, I got no audio on GV calls. I mean, phone can still dial, ring and connect. But on a connected call, there's no audio on either side. Strangely, CallCentric still works fine.

By looking at the OBI202 stats, RTP packet counts are zero. It seems that the box was not able to send or receive any audio packet with GV. I've done the following troubleshooting:

1) Rebooted OBI202. Same problem.
2) Remove GV configuration from OBI202. Add GV configuration back. Same problem.
3) Rebooted RT-AC86U. Same problem.
4) On RT-AC86U, toggle the SIP passthrough in "NAT Passthrough" menu. Same problem regardless of the setting.

Finally, I decided to revert back to stock firmware. Problem resolved.
I have the same router (RT-AC86U), I am running exactly the same Alpha Merlin firmware you tested, same Obi 202 VOIP adapter, and I have no trouble with Google voice calls. I did do a full factory reset upon moving to this Alpha firmware (coming from 384.18 previously), so I also did a full jffs reformat as well, and left all of the SIP/RTSP forwarding settings at their defaults.

Works perfect here....I know it is a bit of a pain, but I would suggest a full factory default reset and reconfigure from scratch.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!