What's new

Possible to enable Wifi7 features on GT-AXE11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChapelPerilous

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I have a GT-AXE11000 Wi-Fi 6E router that I have a question about. I have heard that it might be possible to enable this router to work with Wi-Fi 7. Is anyone aware if this is a possibility and how to do enable it?

I appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums @ChapelPerilous.

Not possible. New hardware required.

Appreciate your reply, but was wondering if you could elaborate more about why? This older article link https://www.news18.com/news/tech/wi...-wi-fi-7-different-from-wi-fi-6e-4723400.html made following statement which gave impression otherwise...

The good thing about Wi-Fi 7 is that it will support older frequency ranges up to 6GHz. So, if you have a router that supports Wi-Fi 6E then you won’t have to upgrade. Your Wi-Fi 6E enabled router is likely to offer support for Wi-Fi 7 thanks to firmware upgrades from the device manufacturer.

Is it that software upgrades alone can’t get you to the full capability that WiFi 7 offers speeds and energy savings, but SW can still boost the router over existing WiFi 6E when paired with WiFi 7 device?

That article is simply wrong. You need Wifi 7 hardware from both client and AP to use Wifi 7. There is no software upgrade possible to gain that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!