What's new

power saving mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

routerinfection

Regular Contributor
I turn my pc on and it instantly enters power saving mode i cant get out of it. Researched it and i was told to take out the ram and clean it didnt work took out the CMOS battery replaced it with a new one didnt work. i Took it to a computer repair store they fixed it only for it to have the same problem again a couple months later.

Last edited:
Oh no, not again!

recommendations?

The computer has to be booted in Safe Mode, Power plan reset to default, drivers inspected for recent changes. Most often it's the display driver causing issues. If you can't do the diagnostic and fix yourself, you have to rely on someone else to do it for you.

The computer has to be booted in Safe Mode, Power plan reset to default, drivers inspected for recent changes. Most often it's the display driver causing issues. If you can't do the diagnostic and fix yourself, you have to rely on someone else to do it for you.
i need access to the control panel to do that but the screen turns black immediately i cant click on anything? i read something saying to click f4 or f8 as it turns on and that doesnt work either?

Providing some information on your "PC" would be a good start. As for entry into the BIOS setup, it depends on the brand. ESC, DEL, F1, F2 & F10 are also pretty common.

If you are talking about a laptop here, then without any real info to go on, I'd suspect that maybe the battery isn't charging and it could be shutting down due to that.

Providing some information on your "PC" would be a good start. As for entry into the BIOS setup, it depends on the brand. ESC, DEL, F1, F2 & F10 are also pretty common.

If you are talking about a laptop here, then without any real info to go on, I'd suspect that maybe the battery isn't charging and it could be shutting down due to that.
im sorry what do you mean when you say information its a desktop an acer predator ag3-605-ur11 windows 8.1 i dont know if this answered your question if not let me know and ill try to to answer it again. so when i press the power button clicking one of the f keys will get me into safe mode and out of power saving mode?

I turn my pc on and it instantly enters power saving mode i cant get out of it. Researched it and i was told to take out the ram and clean it didnt work took out the CMOS battery replaced it with a new one didnt work. i Took it to a computer repair store they fixed it only for it to have the same problem again a couple months later.
I think it's a Motherboard issue. What is your Motherboard?

I think it's a Motherboard issue. What is your Motherboard?
im sorry which on of these is the motherboard?

windows 8.1 64-bit
intel core i7 processor 4790
nvidia geforce gtx970 4gb
16gb ddr3 memory
1TB hard drive+256gb flash disk
blue-ray/super-multi combo drive
wireless lan+bluetooth
card reader

You need more than PC user knowledge to recover from this condition. Bring your computer to the repair store and they will fix it for you.
im determined to fix this on my own i might end up contacting one but id like to try and fix it myself before contacting someone is it more complex then clicking the right f key as its booting?

Your Acer made computer definitely has custom Acer motherboard. @follower is not following the conversation.

Based on your questions, your own attempts to fix may result in total data loss. Better use the repair shop services.
which one of the items listed is a motherboard just so i know for future?

which one of the items listed is a motherboard just so i know for future?

The motherboard is not listed there. The one in your PC is MS-7829 and looks like this:

1655580258256.png

As I said above, your issue may be in hardware, software or both. Not necessarily the motherboard.

im sorry what do you mean when you say information its a desktop an acer predator ag3-605-ur11 windows 8.1 i dont know if this answered your question if not let me know and ill try to to answer it again. so when i press the power button clicking one of the f keys will get me into safe mode and out of power saving mode?
My point was, you said your "PC" but there are literally thousands of "PC"s on the market so knowing which brand and model is important. So, yes, the information you provided does help. "Acer Predator AG3-605-UR11" is the brand and model.

From that info, you can download the manual https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6021?b=1 and in there it tells you a number of things to try to recover your system, including the first thing you should try is to get into the BIOS/CMOS setup. Push and hold, or try repeatedly pressing, the appropriate key as you turn the power on (it should also be displayed on the screen, but sometimes disappears quickly so may be hard to see).
Code:
BIOS UTILITY
The BIOS utility is a hardware configuration program built into your
computer's BIOS.
Your computer is already properly configured and optimized, and you
do not normally need to run this utility. However, if you encounter
configuration problems, you may need to run it.
To activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during the POST while the
computer logo is being displayed

This isn't anything to do with Windows at this point (so not related to safe mode). The CMOS/BIOS setup is a hardware thing and you should try resetting it to default.

A google search also indicates people had similar issues after hardware failure (unrecoverable) or RAM issues. It doesn't sound like your system is booting far enough to be a software issue, but with the limited info it is hard to say.

Definitely sounds like this is probably beyond your current skillset, but you may get lucky.

windows 8.1 64-bit
16gb ddr3 memory
wireless lan+bluetooth
card reader

Windows is an Operating System (and I hope you are actually running something more current than 8.1)
Intel core i7 is the CPU (Central Processing Unit)
NVidia is the Graphics (video) card
16GB DDR3 Memory is the RAM (Random Access Memory)
1TB Hard drive is the (HDD) hard drive

My point was, you said your "PC" but there are literally thousands of "PC"s on the market so knowing which brand and model is important. So, yes, the information you provided does help. "Acer Predator AG3-605-UR11" is the brand and model.

From that info, you can download the manual https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6021?b=1 and in there it tells you a number of things to try to recover your system, including the first thing you should try is to get into the BIOS/CMOS setup. Push and hold, or try repeatedly pressing, the appropriate key as you turn the power on (it should also be displayed on the screen, but sometimes disappears quickly so may be hard to see).
Code:
BIOS UTILITY
The BIOS utility is a hardware configuration program built into your
computer's BIOS.
Your computer is already properly configured and optimized, and you
do not normally need to run this utility. However, if you encounter
configuration problems, you may need to run it.
To activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during the POST while the
computer logo is being displayed

This isn't anything to do with Windows at this point (so not related to safe mode). The CMOS/BIOS setup is a hardware thing and you should try resetting it to default.

A google search also indicates people had similar issues after hardware failure (unrecoverable) or RAM issues. It doesn't sound like your system is booting far enough to be a software issue, but with the limited info it is hard to say.

Definitely sounds like this is probably beyond your current skillset, but you may get lucky.
thanks for your response

Based on your questions, your own attempts to fix may result in total data loss. Better use the repair shop services.
Based on
and
and

I strongly agree that a repair shop rather than a further repeat here is likely in order :)

im sorry which on of these is the motherboard?

windows 8.1 64-bit
16gb ddr3 memory
wireless lan+bluetooth
card reader
Contact ACER. You should change the Motherboard if it's a Motherboard issue.
There are 2 options.
1. Upgrading firmware may fix the issue.
2. Change the Motherboard(Contact ACER).
I don't think a Repair Shop can handle this. I think this is not a Software issue but a Hardware issue.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!