What's new

power saving mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Contact ACER. You should change the Motherboard if it's a Motherboard issue.
There are 2 options.
1. Upgrading firmware may fix the issue.
2. Change the Motherboard(Contact ACER).
I don't think a Repair Shop can handle this. I think this is not a Software issue but a Hardware issue.
i took it to a repair shop and they fixed it before, only for the problem to reoccur could a virus of some sort cause this maybe a rootkit?

i took it to a repair shop and they fixed it before, only for the problem to reoccur could a virus of some sort cause this maybe a rootkit?
Take it back to the repair shop and get them to fix it. This time tell them that you want to know what the problem is.

Most often it's the display driver causing issues. If you can't do the diagnostic and fix yourself, you have to rely on someone else to do it for you.

That probably won't help...

This sounds like a unremovable UEFI rootkit - best way to fix this is with fire...

plenty of fire as fire cleanses all

;)

That probably won't help...

This sounds like a unremovable UEFI rootkit - best way to fix this is with fire...

plenty of fire as fire cleanses all

;)
this rootkit you speak of whats its purpose, remote access for a hacker? i heard from many sources that rootktits can only be in a hard drive but others say it can also infect different parts of a pc. In 2021 I took it to a repair store the guy fixed it, but then a couple months later same problem happened again in 2021. I took it to the guy who originally fixed it today and he said its the motherboard and i have to buy a new one, but if it was the motherboard causing the problem originally what ever he did to fix it the first time had nothing to do with the motherboard he said he removed a virus and reset the gout, ram, and bios.

Last edited:
Take it back to the repair shop and get them to fix it. This time tell them that you want to know what the problem is.
when i first had this problem which was awhile ago he said there was a virus which he removed and reset the gout, ram, and bios which fixed it. i brought it back to him today and he said it was the motherboard and i have to buy a new one. but if it was the motherboard that originally caused problem resetting the gout ram and bios had nothing to do with it but thats what fixed it the first time??? whats your take on this subject?

when i first had this problem which was awhile ago he said there was a virus which he removed and reset the gout, ram, and bios which fixed it. i brought it back to him today and he said it was the motherboard and i have to buy a new one. but if it was the motherboard that originally caused problem resetting the gout ram and bios had nothing to do with it but thats what fixed it the first time??? whats your take on this subject?
It's a Motherboard issue like I said before. Your first time was just a coincidence. Or electricity which was moving around in your Motherboard had been released when he pulled out other PC parts from the Motherboard. Anyway, you better contact ACER or buy a new PC.

Now, I remember this guy. Some users may remember him. A conspiracy guy...:eek:

Now, I remember this guy. Some users may remember him. A conspiracy guy...:eek:

And now this one...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!