What's new

Powerline AV2 certified products being extreamly late

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

networkhobster

New Around Here
Does anyone know a method in being able to transmit at a higher output curent in powerline wire through any means of signal amplification.

Signal line distance and data through-put is supposedley benifits to the Qualcomm Atheros (QCA) HomePlug AV2 chipset.

However for the time being I am hopeful for a solution that will provide my homeplug Av500 with greater line distance (range).

Any help with inquiry and or news of any Av2 products up and coming would be apprecieated

cheers

There are no such products.

First gen AV2 SISO products will be later this year. They have the same 500 Mbps link rate as AV1 products.

AV2 MIMO products will probably be announced around beginning of 2014.

I have seen two AV2 products officially announced, from Allnet and Gigafast. I would expect them to be available to purchase soon.

Allnet are advertising them as 600Mbps, Gigafast are calling them 500+Mbps. So probably they will be slightly faster than existing 500Mbps products.

Thanks for the info. They are SISO AV2, so it will be interesting to see if there are any significant performance differences.

Qualcomm-Atheros folks are positioning AV2 SISO as basically equivalent to the current "500 Mbps" AV products.