What's new

PPPoE connection on ASUS RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

edpassos

Occasional Visitor
I'm setting up my ASUS RT-AX88U router on PPPoE, but it's saying it can't connect with the user/password I provided.

What is weird is that I literally copied the PPPoE username and password from the ISP router after changing it to Bridge mode. In my Asus I changed in menu WAN > Internet Connection:
WAN Connection Type: From Automatic IP to PPPoE
Username: Added it from ISP router
Password: Added it from ISP router

Is there anything else to change?

Last edited:
It used to be common (but less now) that you would need to copy over the WAN MAC address too!

The clarification is needed because it's common for the PPPoE un/pass to be hidden on many ISP-supplied consumer devices...

The clarification is needed because it's common for the PPPoE un/pass to be hidden on many ISP-supplied consumer devices...
I understood. I didn't make it clear in my initial post too (I edited it later). It's PPPoE password (in fact it's the same for all clients of my provider in Brazil lol)

1655516243034.png

I'm setting up my ASUS RT-AX88U router on PPPoE, but it's saying it can't connect with the user/password I provided.

What is weird is that I literally copied the PPPoE username and password from the ISP router after changing it to Bridge mode. In my Asus I changed in menu WAN > Internet Connection:
WAN Connection Type: From Automatic IP to PPPoE
Username: Added it from ISP router
Password: Added it from ISP router

Is there anything else to change?
Have you changed the settings in IPTV? This is the workaround in most ASUS routers for PPPOE, including mine. So I have gone for manual settings in LAN port, using 911 for my ISP profile number (Vodafone) . http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_IPTV_Content.asp

I've attached a screenshot that might help.

I got my Username and Password by calling Vodafone CS. It doesn't appear in their router. If my suggestion doesn't work you might try calling your ISP. You might have to call them anyway to get the IPTV ISP profile number, if you can't find it elsewhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-13 103800.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-13 103800.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 411
Have you changed the settings in IPTV? This is the workaround in most ASUS routers for PPPOE, including mine. So I have gone for manual settings in LAN port, using 911 for my ISP profile number (Vodafone) . http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_IPTV_Content.asp

I've attached a screenshot that might help.

I got my Username and Password by calling Vodafone CS. It doesn't appear in their router. If my suggestion doesn't work you might try calling your ISP. You might have to call them anyway to get the IPTV ISP profile number, if you can't find it elsewhere.
You're right. That helped. I recently found another topic talking about it: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ur-isp-pppoe-on-asus-rt-ac66u-router.2826426/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!