What's new

Pppoe connection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
If you need a username and password to use the internet via a pppoe connection on a RT AC 88 U router, would another Asus router connected to one of its Wan ports need a username and password as well or should it just be sufficient to connect it with an ethernet cable and let it detect the network? Will it detect the network or would I still have to do manual config

If you need a username and password to use the internet via a pppoe connection on a RT AC 88 U router, would another Asus router connected to one of its Wan ports need a username and password as well or should it just be sufficient to connect it with an ethernet cable and let it detect the network? Will it detect the network or would I still have to do manual config

Generally speaking, if the gateway router has Internet access, its LAN/WLAN clients will have Internet access, including a router connected to its LAN... is that what you mean?

OE

Generally speaking, if the gateway router has Internet access, its LAN/WLAN clients will have Internet access, including a router connected to its LAN... is that what you mean?

OE
Ahhh yes it is as thanks that's a relief because I purchased a new Asus router online and didn't think about the username and password with the pppoe requirements.
Edit. Sorry that doesn't seem to make sense without explaining what i intend to flash intro the router but once I do I won't have a setting in the UI for a username and password

Last edited: