What's new

PPPoE Relay wont work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L

looney

I have a RT-AX86U with the WAN port set to PPPoE connected to a DSL modem. Firmware is FW_RT_AX86U_300438822068 which is the latest, but I have tried all of the firmware versions. I enabled PPPoE Relay in the WAN - Nat Passthrough menu. I connected a RT-AC750 with WAN set to PPPoE to a RT-AX86U LAN port. The RT-AC750 does not connect to the internet. It does not get a WAN IP. Also I connected a PC running Windows 10 to a RT-AX86U Lan port. Using the built-in PPPoE dialer, it does not connect to the internet. The PC does not get a WAN IP.

The RT-AX86U replaced a old RT-AC68U. The RT-AC750 and the PC will connect and get a WAN IP using firmware version - FW_RT_AC68U_300438649703 , but the connects are only completed about 60% of the tries. If the firmware is changed to FW_RT_AC68U_300438645987 , the connections will complete about 80% of the tries.

This hasn't been fixed in many years

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!