What's new

Pro Router And 160 MHZ

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asusrouterlover

Regular Contributor
Do I Need to Upgrade to a Pro Router? AX-88U To AX-88 Pro

What are the key advantages of a Pro router over a standard model?
Is the performance boost significant enough to justify the additional cost?
Are there any specific features or capabilities that I should consider for my specific needs?

160 MHz Channel: Pros and Cons

What are the potential benefits of using the 160 MHz channel?
Are there any drawbacks or limitations to be aware of?
Is it generally recommended to use the 160 MHz channel in most environments?

Thanks

- probably not, your router is still good and supported

- it runs 3.0.0.6 firmware with VLAN support
- performance will be about the same, small difference
- tell us about your specific needs first, no difference for most

- potentially higher bandwidth
- uses DFS channel range, client support required
- not guaranteed to work in every environment, shorter range

- probably not, your router is still good and supported

- it runs 3.0.0.6 firmware with VLAN support
- performance will be about the same, small difference
- tell us about your specific needs first, no difference for most

- potentially higher bandwidth
- uses DFS channel range, client support required
- not guaranteed to work in every environment, shorter range
thanks

You’re good for few more years. Don’t disturb working system for no reason. You’re welcome.

Don't fall in love with 'names'. Pro doesn't mean anything.

The RT-AX88U Pro is superior to the old/orig RT-AX88U. But not because of the name.

Using double the bandwidth will give you up to double the speed, at a cost in range.

If you're within Airport or Weather station environments, you'll be kicked off the 160MHz bandwidth.

No, it's not recommended for the reasons above (may give a very inconsistent WiFi experience), but it is worth testing in your specific environment though.

If your current router/network is working fine, there is no need to upgrade today.

Keep saving your money for a recommended WiFi 7 Gen 2 model in the next year or more.

Don't fall in love with 'names'. Pro doesn't mean anything.

The RT-AX88U Pro is superior to the old/orig RT-AX88U. But not because of the name.

Using double the bandwidth will give you up to double the speed, at a cost in range.

If you're within Airport or Weather station environments, you'll be kicked off the 160MHz bandwidth.

No, it's not recommended for the reasons above (may give a very inconsistent WiFi experience), but it is worth testing in your specific environment though.

If your current router/network is working fine, there is no need to upgrade today.

Keep saving your money for a recommended WiFi 7 Gen 2 model in the next year or more.
thanks for tip

I don’t need to review a video. I know how Wi-Fi works. Using 160MHz wide channel on 5GHz band is not guaranteed. It’s environment specific.

@Asusrouterlover, I did. :)

No, he doesn't.

As I said, only testing in your environment makes sense whether to enable 160MHz bandwidth or not. Which is what the video states too.

Glad that your environment allows 160MHz today. Note that can change as your immediate environment does too.

@Asusrouterlover, I did. :)

No, he doesn't.

As I said, only testing in your environment makes sense whether to enable 160MHz bandwidth or not. Which is what the video states too.

Glad that your environment allows 160MHz today. Note that can change as your immediate environment does too.
I Make Site Survey and it seems that using the 160MHz band is appropriate for my Location

That is not what determines fit for use.