What's new

Problem accessing NAS GUI from behind a Media Bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

camn

New Around Here
Hello, Everyone.

I hope someone can provide some insight. I have a problem I can't track down.

The Problem:
I can't access my NAS GUI, (or any Plugin GUI's running on that NAS), from one and only one computer that is situated behind a wireless Media Bridge. I can ping the NAS. I can FTP the Nas. I can SMB the NAS. I cannot access it's webGUI. If I use a different machine connected to that Media bridge, all is well. If I connect to the main router via Wi-Fi from the problem machine, all is well. But this computer, wired to the Media Bridge.. no GUI.

Network Architecture:
Fiber--> Linksys ACM3200 running OpenWrt 19.07.4 r11208-ce6496d796, which handles DCHP etc. --> Wireless connection to ASUS RT-N66U running Merlin 380.70 in Media Bridge Mode. (static 192.168.1.20)
NAS is FreeNAS 11.3. attached wired to the ACM3200 Assigned Static to 192.168.1.13. All Plugins are in the single-digit IP range.
Problem machine wired to ASUS. IP dynamic, assigned b ACM3200. Notably, Dynamic IP range is 100 and up.

What can this be?
From the problem machine I CAN:
Ping the NAS
FTP the NAS
see SMB shares on the NAS.

I cannot: see the web GUI via Chrome, Edge or IE.

I have poked around on both routers, and I don't see anything weird. I have tried setting up NAT and Firewall rules allowing the traffic, but no change. On the problem machine, I have tried disabling Windows Firewall, no change. I have triple checked all my Subnets, etc... but ?

Please, if you have ideas... this is a thorn in my side.

Thank you!

Hello, Everyone.

I hope someone can provide some insight. I have a problem I can't track down.

The Problem:
I can't access my NAS GUI, (or any Plugin GUI's running on that NAS), from one and only one computer that is situated behind a wireless Media Bridge. I can ping the NAS. I can FTP the Nas. I can SMB the NAS. I cannot access it's webGUI. If I use a different machine connected to that Media bridge, all is well. If I connect to the main router via Wi-Fi from the problem machine, all is well. But this computer, wired to the Media Bridge.. no GUI.

Network Architecture:
Fiber--> Linksys ACM3200 running OpenWrt 19.07.4 r11208-ce6496d796, which handles DCHP etc. --> Wireless connection to ASUS RT-N66U running Merlin 380.70 in Media Bridge Mode. (static 192.168.1.20)
NAS is FreeNAS 11.3. attached wired to the ACM3200 Assigned Static to 192.168.1.13. All Plugins are in the single-digit IP range.
Problem machine wired to ASUS. IP dynamic, assigned b ACM3200. Notably, Dynamic IP range is 100 and up.

What can this be?
From the problem machine I CAN:
Ping the NAS
FTP the NAS
see SMB shares on the NAS.

I cannot: see the web GUI via Chrome, Edge or IE.

I have poked around on both routers, and I don't see anything weird. I have tried setting up NAT and Firewall rules allowing the traffic, but no change. On the problem machine, I have tried disabling Windows Firewall, no change. I have triple checked all my Subnets, etc... but ?

Please, if you have ideas... this is a thorn in my side.

Thank you!

Given it's just the one PC's LAN adapter connection... and not another PC's LAN adapter connection to the same N66U bridge... maybe uninstall and re-install that network adapter device in Windows to flush any gremlins.

OE

JFC, such a good idea. And TOTALLY WORKED.

I was so convinced it was going to be some bizarre firewall issue, I forgot that 1995 is still now.

Thank you, Thank you, thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!