What's new

Problem rolling back firmware on ZenWiFi AX nodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jparton

New Around Here
Hi,

Like a lot of other people it seems, I've been having numerous internet drops (red LED on main ZenWiFi Mesh router node) since upgrading the new latest 3.0.0.4.386_43181-g6099e58 firmware.

Having read a lot of helpful posts on these forums, I rolled back the main mesh router node to 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7 which seemed to get the most votes as the most stable version.

However when I try and then manually update (rollback) the firmware of my two extender nodes, when I click on the 'upload' link next to 'Manual firmware update' it pops a new window asking for my router credentials, which I do, but the same login windows pops when I try again. Basically I'm in a login loop rather than it opening the file explorer window to select the location of the firmware file.

The main Mesh Router node updated fine, and still correctly opens the file explore window if I click manual updates, but the two extender nodes don't.

Has anyone else experienced this? As you can see from the screen shot, my router is now running 42095 and the two nodes are on 43181 which I assume won't end well.

Screenshot_070921_124352_PM.jpg

Try removing them from the AiMesh network (individually) and then re-associating them and trying the downgrade then.

If that doesn't work, after removing them from the AiMesh network, log onto them individually and flash them then.

Try removing them from the AiMesh network (individually) and then re-associating them and trying the downgrade then.

If that doesn't work, after removing them from the AiMesh network, log onto them individually and flash them then.
Thanks - dumb question how do I log into them individually?

As if you were setting them up as a router (same as your main router). :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!