What's new

Problems with bandwidth limitation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tyr

New Around Here
Hi Friends,
i just created my account here so this is my first posting so far.

I do have some issues with the bandwidth limitation on my Asus router.
Model: TR-N66U
Firmware: AsusWRT Merlin 380.68_4

Well basically i created specific DHCP options for the Guest SSID´s (https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-me...dicated-DHCP-options-bind-to-a-specific-SSID?) and that works just fine. For each wf interface i do have a subnet like "192.168.i.200-250 (i++)" (just for explanation).

Now i limit the bandwidth with the qos manager of the target "192.168.0.0/16" to 3Mbit Up/Download and that works just fine as well.
BUT:
Only for the wl0 and wl1 interfaces. All the other ones have a problem with the download limitation.
Surprisingly the upload bandwidth limitation works so there might be a bug or a parameter i missed?

I hope someone can help me.

Greetings

Try turning off NAT acceleration under LAN /switch control

NAT acceleration can mess up Qos and parental control was worth a try :)

Yes i read about it :)

I think that there is a problem with the sub-netting. I can't see the guests clients at the overview as well.
They show up under Wireless Protocol but not at the main overview.
Thats a big problem for me because i do need the traffic monitoring for these subnets as well.
(To see how much data each subnet transferred/month)

Greets

Im not very good with subnets and how that work but i have a killswitch in the router and to cover ALL ip i had to set it 192.168.1.0/24 if i use subnet mask 255.255.255.0 i Think.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!