What's new

Problems with ECC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adsko

New Around Here
Hey!

I have AX86U, which wont boot. When I check logs, I can see that almost whole nand has uncorrectable ECC errors. I tried to replace nand with new one, but situation is the same (with original memory dump).

I tried to use https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ax86u-rt-ax88u-2048mb-2gb-ram.79610/

But as a result I've got:
IMG?
FAIL

So it looks like this dump does not work on my router.

On original one I can access CFE, but system won't boot (ECC errors). When I try do upload new one by 192.168.1.1, I got ECC errors and it fails.

Any ideas how can I solve it?

If it`s an ECC error, then it`s more likely to be with the RAM or the CPU, as I don`t think the NAND has ECC, only CRC.

The public specs aren`t very clear, they only mention ECC for the cache:

There is NAND MX30LF2G18AC which has ECC:
1694719322471.png

That's why I think my old one NAND has damaged ECC values and now flashing his dump to new one won't work.

If it`s an ECC error, then it`s more likely to be with the RAM or the CPU, as I don`t think the NAND has ECC, only CRC.

The public specs aren`t very clear, they only mention ECC for the cache:

Do you know layout of memory of nand memory? As I understand, bootload has been encrypted in newer routers, so flashing different dump wont work. So I need to know where the bootloader is to modify dump file a little bit.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!